Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Thread Closed

Need testers for Tether unlock + Toggles

20th January 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #1  
Surge1223's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 3,835
 
1,716 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
I need a couple people running either MK2 or MJ7 with Safestrap installed to test if flashing the tether unlock zip below (MJ7 or MK2 depending on what build your on) also enables all toggles, including the Wifi Hotspot toggle. I flashed the MJ7 one since I'm on MJ7 and it worked but I want to confirm it works and hopefully someone on MK2 can confirm it works before I post it for everyone. Please respond and let me know if it works/doesn't and what if any errors were. Only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds.


Thanks

Edit: Links removed, thanks to those who tested and confirmed it worked. Downloads are now here
Last edited by Surge1223; 20th January 2014 at 03:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Buhl
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Seems to work fine so far

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to enfurnic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
Slowbalt's Avatar
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

I need a couple people running either MK2 or MJ7 with Safestrap installed to test if flashing the tether unlock zip below (MJ7 or MK2 depending on what build your on) also enables all toggles, including the Wifi Hotspot toggle. I flashed the MJ7 one since I'm on MJ7 and it worked but I want to confirm it works and hopefully someone on MK2 can confirm it works before I post it for everyone. Please respond and let me know if it works/doesn't and what if any errors were.


Thanks

MJ7 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:b382d98e112adc5e48c7b37b2bb4bd6a


MK2 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:12e3eab158521d355ddd3956f340cf70

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just tried the MJ7 zip while running Foxhound SS on stock slot. I ran into a bootloop after wiping cache and davlik. Said it was trying to start an app that was already running and had to stop first then looped. Had to restore a nandroid. oh well.

Thanks for the hard work Surge
20th January 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #4  
Surge1223's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 3,835
 
1,716 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowbalt

Just tried the MJ7 zip while running Foxhound SS on stock slot. I ran into a bootloop after wiping cache and davlik. Said it was trying to start an app that was already running and had to stop first then looped. Had to restore a nandroid. oh well.

Thanks for the hard work Surge

This is because Foxhound uses a ML6 base so the framework-res.apk file is different. Sorry should have stated in the OP to only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds. Ill edit it now, thanks for trying though and again sorry about the bootloop
20th January 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #5  
Slowbalt's Avatar
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

This is because Foxhound uses a ML6 base so the framework-res.apk file is different. Sorry should have stated in the OP to only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds. Ill edit it now, thanks for trying though and again sorry about the bootloop

No issues. Just thought I would help test. This is why god made guinea pigs and testers. :beer:
20th January 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 52
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Worked on rooted stock MK2 on safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to loonie01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #7  
Surge1223's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 3,835
 
1,716 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonie01

Worked on rooted stock MK2 on safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Also, I've asked a mod to close this thread since I've posted a link to a dedicated thread in the OP. Thanks to all of you who tested and provided feedback!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 General by ThreadRank