Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 Root Probs

Tip us?

fishnote
Old
(Last edited by fishnote; 20th January 2014 at 11:32 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3 Root Probs

Hi, I recently decided to root my Note 3 SM-N9005

I used Odin and flashed CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5. Odin gave me a big green pass.

I have tried to install apps that require root privilige (titanium backup, supersu) and they report that I do not have root.

If I go to download mode it tells me system status is custom and that knox warranty has been voided (0x1) but still no root.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

PS. ... am new to the world of customizing smartphones but have been working in IT for last 15 years. Am fairly tech savvy and well able to follow instruction

AldrichDSaints
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnote View Post
Hi, I recently decided to root my Note 3 SM-N9005

I used Odin and flashed CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5. Odin gave me a big green pass.

I have tried to install apps that require root privilige (titanium backup, supersu) and they report that I do not have root.

If I go to download mode it tells me system status is custom and that knox warranty has been voided (0x1) but still no root.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

PS. ... am new to the world of customizing smartphones but have been working in IT for last 15 years. Am fairly tech savvy and well able to follow instruction

Once you root your device you will already have the SuperSU installed on it so no need to reinstall it. Try to reflash the CF-Autoroot file again. If it pass, don't install another SuperSU on your device. If the problem still occur I think you need to reflash a stock firmware so you can back from scratch. Root again after if you still want to root. I haven't encounter any problems on rooting my device
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Sometimes it requires you to reinstall SuperSU from PlayStore & update binary

AldrichDSaints
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yeah sometimes updating the SuperSU is necessary but reinstalling I had never encounter that before

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830