No registration required

Note 3 Root Probs

OP fishnote

20th January 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi, I recently decided to root my Note 3 SM-N9005

I used Odin and flashed CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5. Odin gave me a big green pass.

I have tried to install apps that require root privilige (titanium backup, supersu) and they report that I do not have root.

If I go to download mode it tells me system status is custom and that knox warranty has been voided (0x1) but still no root.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

PS. ... am new to the world of customizing smartphones but have been working in IT for last 15 years. Am fairly tech savvy and well able to follow instruction
Last edited by fishnote; 20th January 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
20th January 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Binan City
Thanks Meter: 26

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnote

Hi, I recently decided to root my Note 3 SM-N9005

I used Odin and flashed CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5. Odin gave me a big green pass.

I have tried to install apps that require root privilige (titanium backup, supersu) and they report that I do not have root.

If I go to download mode it tells me system status is custom and that knox warranty has been voided (0x1) but still no root.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

PS. ... am new to the world of customizing smartphones but have been working in IT for last 15 years. Am fairly tech savvy and well able to follow instruction

Once you root your device you will already have the SuperSU installed on it so no need to reinstall it. Try to reflash the CF-Autoroot file again. If it pass, don't install another SuperSU on your device. If the problem still occur I think you need to reflash a stock firmware so you can back from scratch. Root again after if you still want to root. I haven't encounter any problems on rooting my device
20th January 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 166

453 posts
Sometimes it requires you to reinstall SuperSU from PlayStore & update binary
20th January 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Binan City
Thanks Meter: 26

158 posts
More
Yeah sometimes updating the SuperSU is necessary but reinstalling I had never encounter that before

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread