[Q] Stock ICS Softkeys on Amazon OS?

OP Ph0enix_216

19th January 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

434 posts
More
So I went back to stock OS to play around for a bit. I've realized how used to I am to the Softkey bar in CM10.x/CM11 ROMs. Is ther anyway to replace the stupid Amazon softkey bar with Google's stock Android softkey bar?

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.0.3... or maybe it's a rooted Kindle Fire HD<<<
19th January 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe play around with the systemui.apk, would be kinda interesting because while I prefer cm, I do like the way Amazon's soft key bar hides itself in full screen mode, reclaims a bit more space for playing a video.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
20th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Maybe play around with the systemui.apk, would be kinda interesting because while I prefer cm, I do like the way Amazon's soft key bar hides itself in full screen mode, reclaims a bit more space for playing a video.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Yeah, it's nice to for videos and gaming. But still, I prefer to have my home button in the center. I'll play around with the SystemUI.apk a bit. I'm guessing I'll have to disable Amazon's SoftKeyBar.apk as well. It would also be nice to enable recent apps as well, but maybe that's biting off more than I can chew for right now. Anyways, I think I'll play around with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread