Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Player 5 stuck in recovery

OP LinuxHippy

20th January 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
Angry
I thought it might be helpful to others if I posted the 2 final ROMs that I used. I'm not sure if they were necessary, but since I wound up re-doing all the apps from scratch I figured that I should try to do all the tips I was given at XDA.

So, Meticulus posted this:

Instructions for U.S. YP-G70
1. Download this http://www.4shared.com/zip/vxHoJ8E0/...OK_222RU_.html
2. Extract this 'G70JKKE3-REV00-ALL-low-CL1014588.tar.md5'
3. Put Player in 'Download Mode' and flash the above mentioned file.
Note: No extra options, just open ODIN, check for 'COM* added!', click 'PDA', select the file and click start.
4. After the flash, it'll reboot. If you like Froyo and you don't mind your capacitive buttons not working, OR you have a European Model, you can stop here.
5. Download this http://www.4shared.com/rar/XkZ-pDCc/...UEKI8_MIN.html posted previously.
6. Extract this 'ueki8_min.tar.md5' ----> For the love of GOD do not use that pit file
7. Put Player in 'Download Mode' same as step 3; no other options!
8. After it has automatically rebooted, a factory reset and cache wipe needs to be done, I caught it after the automatic reboot went right into recovery mode. If you don't catch it. Just power it down how ever you can, power it back on holding volume up and do
FACTORY RESET AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE

Marty
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread