Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any cricket users need help

Tip us?

shawn328
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Any cricket users need help

I am desperate for a twrp back up of the 4.2.2 I don't have my laptop for a while I can't do very much..I flashed a kernel for 4.2.2 when Iwas half a sleep I'm still on 4.1 ..tried to wipe and flash a kernel for 4.1 but now it boot loops on splash screen.if I flash a 4.2 kernel phone works.so if I had twrp back up I think id be good.
Sent from my HTC One SV using xda app-developers app
This shooter never misses !!!!!!
\\@([____]_____()
_/\|-[____]
/ /(( )
/____|'----'
\____/

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,449

DONATE TO ME
@shawn328

If you are still on 4.1.2 then flashing a 4.2.2 kernel makes no sense lol.

If you are still on 4.1.2 then use your 4.1.2 TWRP backup. Install 4.2.2 OTA afterwards.

If my instructions is a fail then your provided information is misleading

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawn328
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Yea actually it was misleading. I forgot to put that I had tooking out my sdcard for my wife to use in het digital camera and she lost it. I had to get a new sdcard. Lost my back ups and forgot to back up . So I broke the cardinal rule. Its an easy fix for me if I had access to a computer so I can fast boot. Downloaded a cwm back up extracted placed in a twrp back up folder I created by backing up the faulty rom. Didn't work. So I downloaded a flash image command which would allow me to flash a recovery image or boot image via terminal emulator. But te couldn't find it. Try to download a stock zip which had a stock boot image but the zip failed everytime.so I need a copy of someones twrp to fix rather it is 4.1 or 4.2 to fix. Can't ota until I have a computer because all recovery and system images I found are img format. So no stock recovery no stock boot equals no ota. Now I been s off before moon shine with supercid so I'm not a rookie. Even though not backing up was a rookie move and flashing the dream kernel was also.I was half asleep and forgot most variants are already running the 4.2 update. So unless someone knows of a way to flash img files directly from the phone itself. A twrp backup from one of fellow cricket users is the only I think I can go without a computer.

Sent from my HTC One SV using xda app-developers app
\\@([____]_____()
_/\|-[____]
/ /(( )
/____|'----'
\____/

shawn328
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Fixed found a zip made by oldsplatterhand worked like a charm.

Sent from my HTC One SV using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
\\@([____]_____()
_/\|-[____]
/ /(( )
/____|'----'
\____/
The Following User Says Thank You to shawn328 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,449

DONATE TO ME
For future reference, if all else fails, you can always write the img straight to the partition while using terminal emulator using dd.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

An example based from a K2_CL,

Recovery partition:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/customrecovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21
Boot partition:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20
The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawn328
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Thanks man I can really use that info I appreciate it

Sent from my HTC One SV using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
\\@([____]_____()
_/\|-[____]
/ /(( )
/____|'----'
\____/
The Following User Says Thank You to shawn328 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melshubby
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have a droid razr xt912 i recently bricked then unbricked using mattlgroffs windows utility when i unbricked the phone i lost my flash to cricket how can i get it back i rooted again but no luck at all any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,449

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by melshubby View Post
I have a droid razr xt912 i recently bricked then unbricked using mattlgroffs windows utility when i unbricked the phone i lost my flash to cricket how can i get it back i rooted again but no luck at all any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app
I recommend going here for your answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-razr

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]