Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 38,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knox is preventing me from doing anything! Please help!

Tip us?

PlagasX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Knox is preventing me from doing anything! Please help!

Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 (M919) with 4.3.

I'm a first time rooter and I just did a root using the GalaxyS4root.com tutorial. I used the Clock Work mod recovery method and have installed Supersu version 0.99.zip.

Now when I reboot after rooting successfully I try to launch Supersu and I get a "Unfortauntely Supersu has stopped" message. I have read around on google about the Knox security issues and tried also updating via the Play store but when I launch the app now i get

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it! This is a problem!"

I don't understand this because I rooted it following the instructions exactly and it seems everything went through fine...Why is this happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagasX View Post
Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 (M919) with 4.3.

I'm a first time rooter and I just did a root using the GalaxyS4root.com tutorial. I used the Clock Work mod recovery method and have installed Supersu version 0.99.zip.

Now when I reboot after rooting successfully I try to launch Supersu and I get a "Unfortauntely Supersu has stopped" message. I have read around on google about the Knox security issues and tried also updating via the Play store but when I launch the app now i get

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it! This is a problem!"

I don't understand this because I rooted it following the instructions exactly and it seems everything went through fine...Why is this happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Either flash an updated version of SuperSU or try CF Autoroot

PlagasX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Okay I will try that. Also, I have checked the status and it says "Custom"... Does this mean It is actually rooted but it's just not being detected yet?? Would I have to revert back to stock Samsung before I try CF Autoroot?

Thanks

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Just try CfAutoroot or go to chainfire's website and download latest version of supersu and flash it.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊

PlagasX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just try CfAutoroot or go to chainfire's website and download latest version of supersu and flash it.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
Omg it worked!! I used Autoroot.. Thanks so much.

By the way, what do you recommend I do next after I root? Is there something that I should immediately install first?

Thanks so much.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Depends on what you want to do.
Titanium Backup is good to have.
Are you looking to flash custom Rom?

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 19th January 2014 at 01:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2299

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: whats next

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagasX View Post
Omg it worked!! I used Autoroot.. Thanks so much.

By the way, what do you recommend I do next after I root? Is there something that I should immediately install first?

Thanks so much.
Next step is go to the playstore and download/install Goomanager. (free app)
Once it's installed open it & click the menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

When that's done you will have the latest TWRP custom recovery in your phone and you
will be ready to flash any compatible custom roms found here in this M919 forum.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VirtualizeThis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Saferoot is the way to go.

Quote:
I just did the saferoot method myself, worked like a charm and didn't trip the knox counter. It even removed knox for me.

thakrew317
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
Next step is go to the playstore and download/install Goomanager. (free app)
Once it's installed open it & click the menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

When that's done you will have the latest TWRP custom recovery in your phone and you
will be ready to flash any compatible custom roms found here in this M919 forum.

Good luck!
Ahhhh thank your for this I been trying to install twrp for a couple days now I didn't know that option was there ha I don't care for cwm thanks bub

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app