Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T-mobile LG G2 January update, should I bite?

OP katamari201

18th January 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156

426 posts
New update for T-mobile LG G2. I am leery of a new update though, since you know how these things can go. Brick your phone of screw up the phone royally and I have to factory reset or roll-back somehow. A few peeps at AndroidCentral say it causes battery drain, but the jury is still out sincei ts only a few days old. What has been your experience, and are there any worthwhile improvements? I want them to fix the slow camera performance in low light, as well as the camera screwing up my lockscreen or not loading sometimes when I push the volume down button. Also would want speed improvements in the main UI, as it has never been the speediest. If its minor and no real improvements, I'd rather wait for KitKat and do a fresh factory reset.
18th January 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los angeles
Thanks Meter: 174

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201

New update for T-mobile LG G2. I am leery of a new update though, since you know how these things can go. Brick your phone of screw up the phone royally and I have to factory reset or roll-back somehow. A few peeps at AndroidCentral say it causes battery drain, but the jury is still out sincei ts only a few days old. What has been your experience, and are there any worthwhile improvements? I want them to fix the slow camera performance in low light, as well as the camera screwing up my lockscreen or not loading sometimes when I push the volume down button. Also would want speed improvements in the main UI, as it has never been the speediest. If its minor and no real improvements, I'd rather wait for KitKat and do a fresh factory reset.

Generally i would prob just do it unless you have custom recovery on there or not stock....you should be able to see what the update contains .... For example sprints update was a Google security patch and a radio fix ( call quality)
18th January 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 173

473 posts
More
Say I unlocked the phone and am using it on AT&T. If I update via OTA, will the phone relock itself?
20th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156

426 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung0702

Say I unlocked the phone and am using it on AT&T. If I update via OTA, will the phone relock itself?

No. Unlocking is a permanent process and has nothing to do with firmware upgrades.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread