XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No app to SD option since rooting

Tip us?

onexian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No app to SD option since rooting

Just wanted to ask if any body knows what's happened to add to SD option. I recently rooted my tab2 and now running 4.3 with slim bean first thing I noticed I had to reformat my SD to fat32 as exfat is no longer recognized.. Then I noticed no app to SD.

This is not a major issue but I did find it handy and would really like to get this back if possible so any help or tips would be appreciated.

Oh andi have tried a few other ROMs as well. None have this option.

Apart from that the ROMs pretty dam good

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium HD app

Wrenchedup69
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onexian View Post
Just wanted to ask if any body knows what's happened to add to SD option. I recently rooted my tab2 and now running 4.3 with slim bean first thing I noticed I had to reformat my SD to fat32 as exfat is no longer recognized.. Then I noticed no app to SD.

This is not a major issue but I did find it handy and would really like to get this back if possible so any help or tips would be appreciated.

Oh andi have tried a few other ROMs as well. None have this option.

Apart from that the ROMs pretty dam good

Hey bud I'm running into the same problem on my tablet I have the sph-p500 version from sprint I'm still running the stock rom cause I guess there's nothing out yet for this version but I've done all the formatting for the extend are and using link2sd not app2sd it still won't let you move apps to ext sd but you can link the folders to free up alittle space I'm new to android and to this site but it seems to me like people on here are alittle weary about talking to junior members it sucks because I could really use there advice in the most recent versions of android the primary sd card is emulated therefore will not alow ext to be primary due to security reasons

onexian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello mate sorry for the mega late reply I work offshore. I come to think now its just not possible to appto SD but hey never mind my pad has plenty storage its just a shame I cannot utilize the 64gb SD card I have lol never mind I will keep searching for a solve.

amplifyd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Apps 2 sd is only possible if you're running stock firmware jb 4.2.2.
If you want to move apps, use link2sd but you need to make partition in your external sd.