Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 38,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G Pad or Xperia Tablet Z?

Tip us?

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWells72 View Post
For me, the perfect size for a tablet is probably 8.9", but with the same narrow bezel as the G Pad 8.3. My Nook HD+ looks like a monster next to the G Pad, but it's mostly due to the enormous bezel rather than the screen. Until such a device appears, though, the G Pad is a great option!
I was considering the Kindle HDX 8.9
Felt it in store it is light brilliant screen and superb battery life.
If there was a way to hack it to run stock android I would sell my GPad for it. It is a bit larger but still less than a pound and much brighter higher res screen with close to double the battery life.

SCWells72
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
I was considering the Kindle HDX 8.9
Felt it in store it is light brilliant screen and superb battery life.
If there was a way to hack it to run stock android I would sell my GPad for it. It is a bit larger but still less than a pound and much brighter higher res screen with close to double the battery life.
Yup, I totally agree, though only if there was an AOSP-based ROM that was absolutely rock solid. One of the reasons I went with the GPE over the LGE with something like CM11 is that in the past I've found custom ROMs to be less stable than I want out of a daily driver even well into their maturity cycle. I know that may not reflect others' experiences, but it is the experience I've had across a number of devices (Nook Color, HP Touchpad, Nook HD+).