This is a thread to instruct you on how to make custom s-pen sounds and install them as well as how to install custom s-pen pointers on any TW based rom including stock ( this is just install, I don't know how to make custom pointers yet). There are two requirements YOU MUST BE ROOTED AND RUNNING STOCK OR TW BASED ROM. This is my method, I am not saying that there aren't better ways just that this is how I do it and I know it works. I am not responsible for things going wrong and you being left with a device that doesn't work. You do this because you choose to and understand the risk involved. Also, please make back ups of all the files you want to change so that you have all the original files.
For Sounds: (You can use any sound you have or even the voice record app to make the sound you'd like)
1. Make sure you're rooted
2. Have some sort of root permission file explorer installed (I use Rom Toolbox)
3. Find or record the sounds you want to use as your s-pen attach and detech sounds If they aren't in the .ogg format then convert it to .ogg (I use wavepad for this step)
4. Decide if you want the sound to be sound 1,2 or 3
5. Once you have your sound the way want it rename the file for attach to Pen_att_noti1 (the number can also be a 2 or 3 depending on where you want the sound) and the sound for detach to Pen_det_noti1 (again the number can be different)
6. Place the files on your phone where you can locate them with the file explorer you have installed.
7. Locate the file(s) you want to use and using your explorer navigate to the directory system\ media\ audio\ ui and paste the sounds there. (You might be asked to overwrite whats there. If you want to save the original sounds simply find the file with the same name before you paste and rename to (thefilenamehere.ogg.bak)
8. Restart your phone
9. Once rebooted navigate to your spen sound selector and choose the sound want.
Thanks to my friend TheGrammerFreak for this nexxt bit
(I don't know how to make pointers. This is assuming you have a file that you know can be used as the pointer. i am trying to learn and when/if I do I will add that to this thread)
1. Make sure you're rooted
2. Make sure you have some root permission file explorer installed.
3. Make sure you have a program that can open .apk files on you PC (I use 7-Zip)
4. Using the explorer you have navigate to the directory system\ framework and copy the file framework-res.apk to a place that you can access via the pc (I used my extsdcard)
5. Attach your phone to the computer
6. Find the framework-res.apk and move it onto your computer
7. Take the file you want to use and reaname it to tw_pointer_spot_hovering_spen
8. Open (not to be confused with unzip. Right click the apk and select "open with") the framework-res.apk with a program that will open it
9. Once open navigate to res\ drawable-xhdpi and find the file named tw_pointer_spot_hovering_spen delete that file and take the file you made/have of the same name and paste it directly into that directory. exit the program after doing so.
10 Take the framework-res.apk file that you edited and place onto your phone where you can locate it.
11. Detach your device from the computer
12. Using your explorer on your phone navigate to the edited framework-res.apk[ and select to copy it.
13. Navigate with your explorer to the directory system\ framework and paste the file there. WARNING: You might get several errors and force closes, don't worry this is normal.
14. Either restart your phone or pull your battery and boot up and you will now see your new pointer. Enjoy!
NOTE: If you want a different pointer for your files that air view capable or if you want your new pointer to be used as your air view pointer follow the same instructions except that the file you are wanting to use and the one you replace are both named tw_pointer_spot_hovering_spen_more and these files can be the same as your normal pointer if you choose.