5,596,128 Members 33,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gadmei e8-3d update troubles

Tip us?

iamearl
Old
(Last edited by iamearl; 3rd December 2013 at 02:35 AM.) Reason: Remembered more information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Gadmei e8-3d update troubles

I have a re-branded Gadmei e8-3d, sold by 3dtv corp, who told me to get updates from Gadmei as they are the manufacturer. When I try to apply the update, it says:

"Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installation aborted."

And also fails with the patch, and wiping the data.

I decided to try the neo3do update, because everyone says it is the same device, and it DID flash... BUT... now the colors are all wrong; it has a base color of magenta, and constant jiggering of images ind icons... Also, looks kinda like 16 color mode. AND, I still cant flash the Gadmei firmware.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.

PS- I did make a nandroid backup in both cwm and twrp format, but my device is not supported, so no recovery to flash it, and I don't know how to get around that.

Joseph S
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi iamearl! Do you fixed the problem with neo3do update in your re-branded Gadmei E8 3D?
How do you do to update with this firmware? I wish to do this procedure on my Gadmei E8 3D because the neo3do update jellybean allows to use Tridef 3D Mobile...
I tried to do this update but an error message appears and abort the update... I copied the files in a formated 8GB micro sd card and turned on with the volume + pressed.

iamearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
Hi iamearl! Do you fixed the problem with neo3do update in your re-branded Gadmei E8 3D?
How do you do to update with this firmware? I wish to do this procedure on my Gadmei E8 3D because the neo3do update jellybean allows to use Tridef 3D Mobile...
I tried to do this update but an error message appears and abort the update... I copied the files in a formated 8GB micro sd card and turned on with the volume + pressed.
Hi Joseph, I was was able to get it to flash back to the gadmei stock firmware, and it fixed the screen problem, but I could not get the neo3do firmware to work properly... I don't know if I'll be able to in the future or not, as I'm not a developer, and only can play around, and sometimes things work, and sometimes not.

Joseph S
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamearl View Post
Hi Joseph, I was was able to get it to flash back to the gadmei stock firmware, and it fixed the screen problem, but I could not get the neo3do firmware to work properly... I don't know if I'll be able to in the future or not, as I'm not a developer, and only can play around, and sometimes things work, and sometimes not.
It's a shame... I Hope in the future we can install/use Tridef 3D Mobile in our tablets...

Thanks for your reply!