Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried to install TWRP, but failure

Tip us?

Gil1957
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Tried to install TWRP, but failure

I tried to install TWRP from Goo Manager. After when the Touchpad rebooted, I had lost my ClockworkMod and there was no TWRP item. The only recovery left was WebOS recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Moody66
Old
(Last edited by Moody66; 4th January 2014 at 08:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil1957 View Post
I tried to install TWRP from Goo Manager. After when the Touchpad rebooted, I had lost my ClockworkMod and there was no TWRP item. The only recovery left was WebOS recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Extract the zip and place the uImage.TWRP into the boot folder. Delete uImage.Clockworkmod if it's there. Then reboot.

vishnumrao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any instructions on how to install CWM or TWRP recovery? I installed milaq's build using instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542353

But someone I don't have the CWM or TWRP installed. As a result, in the moboot menu, I can't see a reboot into recovery and can't install any updates either.

Moody66
Old
(Last edited by Moody66; 6th January 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71
I just answered that in the above post. Unzip the install zip. Name the image file.... In your case uImage.TWRP copy it into boot folder.

woodytrain
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnumrao View Post
Is there any instructions on how to install CWM or TWRP recovery? I installed milaq's build using instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542353

But someone I don't have the CWM or TWRP installed. As a result, in the moboot menu, I can't see a reboot into recovery and can't install any updates either.
/boot is possibly too full

Either choose CWM or TWRP and remove one or the other (be sure to employ the recovery specific to the ROM... see the specific ROM thread for more info)

You can use 'Root Browser' in ROM Toolbox Lite app (to copy, paste, move, delete uImage files from the recovery zips to or from /boot)

zoser42
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodytrain View Post
/boot is possibly too full

Either choose CWM or TWRP and remove one or the other (be sure to employ the recovery specific to the ROM... see the specific ROM thread for more info)

You can use 'Root Browser' in ROM Toolbox Lite app (to copy, paste, move, delete uImage files from the recovery zips to or from /boot)
If /boot has adequate then you may want to to copy the TWRP installer zip file into the /cminstall folder in WebOS and use ACMEInstaller on your PC to reinstall it.