Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 stuck in boot on samsung logo

OP 3balls

18th January 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone,
I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 (P3100).
I want recover my data, the tablet doesn't start. It is stuck in boot time. I can see just the animation of Samsung logo.

There is a software for pc for browse the files and recover my data?

Thanks!
19th January 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,991

5,550 posts
More
why it is bootlooping?
what have you done?
19th January 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi

why it is bootlooping?
what have you done?

HI Android-Andi,
thank you in advance!

I don't now exactly why...
my friend has deleted some files to free up memory. And I'm afraid it has deleted something wrong!
How can the android OS allow you to delete system files!?!?

I can enter in recovery mode and this is all that I can see:
Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight;
power button to select.
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/farctory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Apply Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : ITV
Successfully applied multi-CSC

There are some software or something to get into the file and recover the files?

Thank you
Last edited by 3balls; 19th January 2014 at 08:52 AM.
19th January 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 500

1,511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3balls

HI Android-Andi,
thank you in advance!

I don't now exactly why...
my friend has deleted some files to free up memory. And I'm afraid it has deleted something wrong!
How can the android OS allow you to delete system files!?!?

I can enter in recovery mode and this is all that I can see:
Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight;
power button to select.
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/farctory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

# MANUAL MODE #
-- Apply Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : ITV
Successfully applied multi-CSC

There are some software or something to get into the file and recover the files?

Thank you

Are you rooted? If you're not rooted then you're not able to delete system files. Do you have a custom recovery? Those options read like stock recovery. Do you know which files he deleted because if he deleted data files then it's gone. There a couple apps out there that able to recover deleted files, Undelete is one, Hexamob is another, but these require root. And these specialize in stuff like pictures so not even sure they would help you out.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th January 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Are you rooted? If you're not rooted then you're not able to delete system files. Do you have a custom recovery? Those options read like stock recovery. Do you know which files he deleted because if he deleted data files then it's gone. There a couple apps out there that able to recover deleted files, Undelete is one, Hexamob is another, but these require root. And these specialize in stuff like pictures so not even sure they would help you out.

Hi njstein,
thank you for your reply.
This tab is not rooted and doesn't have custom recovery.
He doesn't remembre which files has deleted...a lot of files about app...but like you said, if the tablet is not rooted, is impossible to delete system files!
I know that there are a lot of apps for recover deleted files, but I am afraid to run the system restore...I don't know if this operation format the partition at low level or not...and I think that all these apps require root.
I looked for this thing and there isn't a chance to mount the tab as a drive (E:\ F:\ ...) and for this reason you can't use software normally used for recover deleted files in windows.

I am really disappointed with Android operating system.
People say that Android is an open operating system, configurable, customizable .... But I have found everything closed as are microsoft and iOS.
20th January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #6  
Flag Baguio City

8 posts
More
don't cry :)
Don't cry and shout that you're disappointed with android system. It's not android fault, it was your friends fault.
If i were you, try to search a custom recovery flashable via odin (cwm or twrp). When you have already cwm or twrp try to clear dalvik cache and wipe cache partition and reboot.
20th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 500

1,511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3balls

Hi njstein,
thank you for your reply.
This tab is not rooted and doesn't have custom recovery.
He doesn't remembre which files has deleted...a lot of files about app...but like you said, if the tablet is not rooted, is impossible to delete system files!
I know that there are a lot of apps for recover deleted files, but I am afraid to run the system restore...I don't know if this operation format the partition at low level or not...and I think that all these apps require root.
I looked for this thing and there isn't a chance to mount the tab as a drive (E:\ F:\ ...) and for this reason you can't use software normally used for recover deleted files in windows.

I am really disappointed with Android operating system.
People say that Android is an open operating system, configurable, customizable .... But I have found everything closed as are microsoft and iOS.

Since you're not rooted then you should accept the files are gone and whatever data you need off the Tab is inaccessible. Have you tried wiping just the cache and reboot? If you have and that accomplishes nothing, then I would suggest you do a factory reset and start over. If you go that route, do a little research and find out what steps need to be done after reset to get the Tab back working. I forget if your tab is just the wifi version or from a carrier with data. I believe if you have data, there are steps after a reset to get everything in working order.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread