[Q] PLAY bricked?

Tip us?

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by raminta View Post
The safest way is flashing kernel with flashtools
I think ur problem of boot is because of corrupted download download the kernel again and try to flash it if doesn't worked try an other kernel for example lupus kernel

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
The firat time you start doomkernel it will seem like your phone is bricked as soon as you press power atart pressing the back button and a screen will come up that will allow you to install a Rom off the sd card. I thought mune was bricked firat time. When doom starts the blue led starts its not flash its just what it does.

1. Turn on the phone
2. Press back button until Rom flashing screen pops up
3. Install Rom from sd
4. Boot rom

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

EP35DS4
Old
(Last edited by EP35DS4; 15th January 2014 at 08:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YechiamTK View Post
Ok, so now I try to root the PLAY again, using OneClickRoot. Only one problem - it gets stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
And I also tried OneClickRoot with my friend`s phone (LG Optimus Black) - same result, stuck in "Verify Rooting Compatibility"..
Is this OneClickRoot`s problem`s, or it just suppose to take long time, or what?
Most custom Roms are prerooted, so if you're going to install one anyway, you don't have to root your Play manually.

If you can't flash .ftf through flashtool, you could try another download source, had a similar problem a few months ago, many downloads simply didn't work. And using another USB port on my computer fixed my problem with the flash process getting stuck while flashing with flashtool, was strange, but solved the problem.

By the way, if this .238 is android 2.3.4 it probably can't be rooted, if you want stock rom with root you have to downgrade to 2.3.3

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 82
So is it qorking yet?

Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

YechiamTK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey View Post
So is it qorking yet?

Well, I'm rooted with .238, but my problem is that google apps don't work - it tries to download apps and then stop the ddownload, without any error (Every app)..
So I thought I would try to install a costum ROM, problem is - I cant install recovery.. Tried a few methods, all didn't work.. 2 option, either I didn't succeed on download and installing the recovery, or I can't boot into it..
Any help pls?