No registration required

Phantom touches. Never had them before

OP littleromeo

18th January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

105 posts
More
My 16GB flo was working fine from the beginning. Always kept it up to date with android releases. Never had an issue. Just today while swyping noticed some weird behavior.So, I tested with a multi touch tester. There were some fake touches recorded. It didn't even allow me to reboot. Later with some effort I managed though. After reboot, it works fine. I'm scared cause I bought that in US and I doubt the so called international warranty will be honored in India.Has this occurred to anyone else? What shall I do if it happens again? Is there some fix for this?
18th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pittsburgh

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleromeo

My 16GB flo was working fine from the beginning. Always kept it up to date with android releases. Never had an issue. Just today while swyping noticed some weird behavior.So, I tested with a multi touch tester. There were some fake touches recorded. It didn't even allow me to reboot. Later with some effort I managed though. After reboot, it works fine. I'm scared cause I bought that in US and I doubt the so called international warranty will be honored in India.Has this occurred to anyone else? What shall I do if it happens again? Is there some fix for this?

I had the same experience the other day. Currently running
Latest version of Clean Rom with ElementalX kernel. After I was finally able to reboot, all was well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dantegl36 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantegl36

I had the same experience the other day. Currently running
Latest version of Clean Rom with ElementalX kernel. After I was finally able to reboot, all was well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm running stock+xposed.
Testing with multi touch app seemed to have made it worse for me, even prevented me shutting it down. Hope it doesn't come back.
19th January 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chesterfield
Thanks Meter: 90

263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Take a look at this thread, I had the same problem and after flashing boot-ts10.IMG it was fixed.

The flash persists between any new ROM flashing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Abel669 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,279

3,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel669

Take a look at this thread, I had the same problem and after flashing boot-ts10.IMG it was fixed.

If an RMA is not an option, try Abel's solution. It boils down to bad hardware and no quality control. I had to RMA my first one for the exact same reason. Second one is fine.

If you do some googling, you will see that thousands of people have had this problem. Any definitive word from Google or Asus? You wish. They will never admit they made a mistake.

Quote:

I'm running stock+xposed.
Testing with multi touch app seemed to have made it worse for me, even prevented me shutting it down. Hope it doesn't come back.

Last edited by Aerowinder; 19th January 2014 at 03:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

105 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, will do if it starts again.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

If an RMA is not an option, try Abel's solution. It boils down to bad hardware and no quality control. I had to RMA my first one for the exact same reason. Second one is fine.

If you do some googling, you will see that thousands of people have had this problem. Any definitive word from Google or Asus? You wish. They will never admit they made a mistake.

Yes I read about them but this is weird cause a reboot solved the problem.
20th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #7  
N. Wales
Thanks Meter: 0

119 posts
More
Had this issue start yesterday. Running Sinless 3.2.2 on stock kernel. I've noticed it only start since installing Xposed but that could be coincidence. Reboot fixed it but woke up to it again today...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,279

3,178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2quick

Had this issue start yesterday. Running Sinless 3.2.2 on stock kernel. I've noticed it only start since installing Xposed but that could be coincidence. Reboot fixed it but woke up to it again today...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

The one I had (before I sent it back to Google), would only do it after it had been started for a while. Reboot would make it go away for a while, but it always came back.

Not related to Xposed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread