Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 48,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem Updating to 125 with my P6

Tip us?
 
Baxxxtor
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Question Problem Updating to 125 with my P6

Hi guys just tried top update my firmware to 125. i am still running the old 112.
i tried updating via hi suit, tried the online update feature of the phone. i always get the same error:

Finding Update package.....
Opening Update package.....
Verifying update package.....
Installing update package.....
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/build.prop". "60e472fd3b585a12203e8d8f120fe8648d4a814".
E:Error in /data/share/0/HwOUC/update.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.
cust copying files...
copy cust files successed!
Formating /cache...


Any Help!!???
 
husen4u
Old
#2  
husen4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1345
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kuwait

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxxxtor View Post
Hi guys just tried top update my firmware to 125. i am still running the old 112.
i tried updating via hi suit, tried the online update feature of the phone. i always get the same error:

Finding Update package.....
Opening Update package.....
Verifying update package.....
Installing update package.....
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/build.prop". "60e472fd3b585a12203e8d8f120fe8648d4a814".
E:Error in /data/share/0/HwOUC/update.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.
cust copying files...
copy cust files successed!
Formating /cache...


Any Help!!???
Try dload method

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
Huawei Ascend P6.
►[ROM][OMNI KK][P6-U06][▲HYD52ROM▼][SUPERFAST ▌▌Stable][V3 26-03-14]◄



Dont Forget To PRESS THANKS Button

If you like my work, please consider to buy me a cup of coffee !
 
Baxxxtor
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by husen4u View Post
Try dload method

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
tried it same error!
 
Baxxxtor
Old
(Last edited by Baxxxtor; 7th January 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxxxtor View Post
tried it same error!
tried a factory resset first and tried to aplie the update afterwards... same error!
any ideas!
do i have to unroot my phone first?
since it may have something todo with the build.prop:
i used a build.prop editor to unlock the feater to hide my softkeys bar like on the huawei m8.
thats all i changed in build.prop.
is it possible that it has something to do with that?


Edit:

After downloading the update again: copied the update.app on my sdcard /dload/update.app
tried a local update:

update fails with:
This phone is LOCK state
E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)
There is no update.app in /sdcard/dload or /data/share/0/dload

Huawei SD card update failed!

what am i doing wrong???

any help pls
 
skyp6user
Old
#5  
skyp6user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxxxtor View Post
tried a factory resset first and tried to aplie the update afterwards... same error!
any ideas!
do i have to unroot my phone first?
since it may have something todo with the build.prop:
i used a build.prop editor to unlock the feater to hide my softkeys bar like on the huawei m8.
thats all i changed in build.prop.
is it possible that it has something to do with that?


Edit:

After downloading the update again: copied the update.app on my sdcard /dload/update.app
tried a local update:

update fails with:
This phone is LOCK state
E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)
There is no update.app in /sdcard/dload or /data/share/0/dload

Huawei SD card update failed!

what am i doing wrong???

any help pls

you're doing the local update the right way..

"do i have to unroot my phone first?"
-yeah, this might be where the problem is
 
Baxxxtor
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Smile problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyp6user View Post
you're doing the local update the right way..

"do i have to unroot my phone first?"
-yeah, this might be where the problem is
ok for anyone who has the same issues!
i figured it out!
the problem was my sd card! it was formated in ntfs.it needs to be fat32 in order to work.

problem solved.

ty
 
skyp6user
Old
#7  
skyp6user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxxxtor View Post
ok for anyone who has the same issues!
i figured it out!
the problem was my sd card! it was formated in ntfs.it needs to be fat32 in order to work.

problem solved.

ty
Good to hear that!

Thanks also for the info!
 
kangol321
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2012
Hi Baxxxtor

Did you unroot your phone ? Or changing the file system of the SD card was enough ?

Thx
Sam
 
87insane
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangol321 View Post
Hi Baxxxtor

Did you unroot your phone ? Or changing the file system of the SD card was enough ?

Thx
Sam
Hi,

i flash B118 or B125 with and without root. Its no problem..
You only have to root your device again after flash.
 
schoeny36
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2013
I flashed without root to B125. So root is not needed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more

Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View into One App

Google Maps is a must have application forevery amateur world explorer. … more