5,606,151 Members 36,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How Can I turn off Software Update Notification?

Tip us?
 
just.garet
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default [Q] How Can I turn off Software Update Notification?

Is there any way to stop the software update notification which is telling me I need to upgrade to the latest software which is already installed anyway?

The Xperia Update Center says "Computer Required" for update to 4.3. It won't let me update OTA even with the Wifi on and I don't understand why.

Problem 2: My phone is already updated to Android 4.3 Xperia software version 14.2.A.0.290 but on the Sony Bridge for Mac software,it says it needs that I need to upgrade to the same version
14.2.A.0.290. (See screenshot).

I would ignore the instructions to update but I can't get rid of the notification on the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-19 20.33.24.png
Views:	367
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	2525816   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-19 13.26.12.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	2525817  
 
pranii23
Old
(Last edited by pranii23; 19th January 2014 at 02:07 PM.) Reason: Mac notification Problem
#2  
pranii23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Simple
Even I had the same issue. long press on the notification of update in the notification panel to get into app info and then clear data in the app options.
Now the notifcation disappears. You can even check for an update again and it will show your phone to be updated with latest firmware

And with the computer update, dont update your phone as it has no changes and the size of the download is around 900MB which is pretty useless .
 
just.garet
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranii23 View Post
Simple
Even I had the same issue. long press on the notification of update in the notification panel to get into app info and then clear data in the app options.
Now the notifcation disappears. You can even check for an update again and it will show your phone to be updated with latest firmware

And with the computer update, dont update your phone as it has no changes and the size of the download is around 900MB which is pretty useless .
I did what you said, "Clear data" and I also "Emptied Cache", but the notification to upgrade software still returns after I click software update in the Update Center. I would just reinstall it, but why should I have to reinstall the same 4.3 and the same Build 14.2.A.0.290 which is already on the phone?

Also, why does it say "Computer Required"? Since when is computer required to update Android Software or Sony Xperia firmware?
 
pranii23
Old
#4  
pranii23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by just.garet View Post
I did what you said, "Clear data" and I also "Emptied Cache", but the notification to upgrade software still returns after I click software update in the Update Center. I would just reinstall it, but why should I have to reinstall the same 4.3 and the same Build 14.2.A.0.290 which is already on the phone?

Also, why does it say "Computer Required"? Since when is computer required to update Android Software or Sony Xperia firmware?
yeah this is some kind of a bug. I updated the 4.3 once again since i was getting some free wifi around. And as of now u better clear data and dont check for updates. Its really annoying to see the update notification with nothing in it for us. Better wait till Jan 23rd where we might get a software update or if not then feb 1st week we will be getting an update (not 4.4.2 :-/) 14.2.A.1.124/136 .

I guess for bigger updates it requires the computer. or when it has something to update just the kernel (totally guessing)
 
Meni30
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 65
Join Date: Nov 2013
If u have root u can instal titanium backup and uninstal the OTA update notification ...
 
Zippy1
Old
#6  
Zippy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jul 2013
Just disable it in app info

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
 
chunlianghere
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 412
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Just disable it in app info

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
how to disable?

only can clear cache n force stop.

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperia™ ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight


Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1
 
Zippy1
Old
(Last edited by Zippy1; 20th January 2014 at 10:02 PM.)
#8  
Zippy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jul 2013
In app info at the top of the page you have forced stop and disable, hit disable.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
 
Zippy1
Old
#9  
Zippy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jul 2013
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390255320773.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2528728

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Glass Now Open to Anyone… With $1500 to Spend

Google Glass, which recently received its official update to KitKat (as well as a … more

Android 4.4.2 OTA Now Available for the Verizon Droid DNA

A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more