Elemental – The Cross Platform Code Editor StartUp

There is not many cross-platform code editors capable to run both on desktop and … more

Dropbox App Available on Windows Phone

The Dropbox app is well known and widely used. The application has finally landed on Windows Phone … more

aContact+++ Next Dialer

Ifyou have a dual SIM device and have problems with managing your two cards, you should check this dialer. … more

HTC Hima Photo Leaks Were Decoys

Reputable leaker EvLeaks confirms to us that he knows the photos of the HTC Hima circling the internet these … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Rooting .290 with OTA

OP XUx3

16th January 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Hey guys.
Is it possible to keep the root after an OTA update to .290?
My internet is too slow to download the flashable zip of nut..

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
shem2409's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 649
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUx3

Hey guys.
Is it possible to keep the root after an OTA update to .290?
My internet is too slow to download the flashable zip of nut..

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

You might get partial root with no system write capability or you could loose root. You will NOT however retain full root access.
16th January 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

You might get partial root with no system write capability or you could loose root. You will NOT however retain full root access.



this or the update will just fail
17th January 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Thanks for your answer
I think i'll just try to download ithe zip somehow.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUx3

Thanks for your answer
I think i'll just try to download ithe zip somehow.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

As I remember I've downloaded this torrent (NUT's) and it was very slow - about 20kb/s, so just wait patiently
20th January 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
260 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

You might get partial root with no system write capability or you could loose root. You will NOT however retain full root access.

I don't think anyone has successfully kept root to 290. The update will fail or root will be lost.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes