- a file containing software files that you either receive as an update or flash through recovery to replace your your existing os.
- a system you boot into to, to be able to flash files and manage your phone at a superior root level (aka god mode) be careful with it.
- install through recovery
- (to root - to gain superior access and make you overlord over the device's /system and /boot partition) Root - having root access
- Android Open Source Project (also refers to a STOCK non customized or non modded ROM or Nexus port)
- (to port - to port a rom means to copy it from another device because it is easier that way than building it from scratch, aka copying and slightly modifying to make it work on a device) A port - a rom that has been copied from another device
This is about all you might need but if you need any more terms, here is the ultimate android dictionary http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary
Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Motorola Atrix HD - White - Cyanogenmod 11
HTC First - White - AOSP 4.1.2 Rooted
HTC One (M7) - Silver - Cyanogenmod 11
ZTE Avail - AOSP 2.3.7
LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod 10.2