Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with safestrap plz...

Tip us?

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 19th January 2014 at 06:07 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_wasnt_nice View Post
Hi, i'm having issues with installing recovery with safestrap.

I have successfully rooted my device using saferoot and confirmed that I have SU access. I then installed Safe Strap 3.71 and followed all instructions, but when I click on "Install Recovery", it brings a pop-up that starts & completes the installation, however, after its completed installing, nothing happens... At the top where it says "State", its still showing "Not Installed" and at the bottom, for "Safe System" its still saying "Not Active" and the "reboot to recovery" is grayed out

any suggestions on how to get past this problem? i've tried re-installing multiple times with both 3.71 and 3.70 but it is still not working.

i'm on AT&T, android 4.3 with build MK2

Thanks!

here's some screen shots: (remove the space b/w ": //")
http ://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/811/i4s0.png
http ://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/d9t3.png

U know what your problem is......U need to download SAFESTRAP-V3.71_MK2 FIRMWARENOT v3.70 ....IF I WERE U....:

1 Uninstall SS-v3.70
2 Download and install SS-v3.71 (This would remove our old SS-v3.70)
3.Open SS app and click install recovery
4.If installed then u should be able to reboot to recovery......
5.Do your stock slot back up.....before u flashing custom rom
6.Install custom 4.3 TW rom only....
7.If u bricked ....i hope not.....check out my thread ....on how to get back to stock MK2 rom.......
| ★ UPDATE.ZIP ★ | ►MF3★AT&T★MK2◄ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ | ★ Jan.01.2014 ★ |......

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY FLASHING>>>>>>IF SOMEONE HELP U OR IF THIS IS HELPED U>>>>>>HIT THANK BUTTON>>>>>>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-19 05.52.36.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	2525243  

that_wasnt_nice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
U know what your problem is......U need to download SAFESTRAP-V3.71_MK2 FIRMWARENOT v3.70 ....IF I WERE U....:

1 Uninstall SS-v3.70
2 Download and install SS-v3.71 (This would remove our old SS-v3.70)
3.Open SS app and click install recovery
4.If installed then u should be able to reboot to recovery......
5.Do your stock slot back up.....before u flashing custom rom
6.Install custom 4.3 TW rom only....
7.If u bricked ....i hope not.....check out my thread ....on how to get back to stock MK2 rom.......
| ★ UPDATE.ZIP ★ | ►MF3★AT&T★MK2◄ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ | ★ Jan.01.2014 ★ |......

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY FLASHING>>>>>>IF SOMEONE HELP U OR IF THIS IS HELPED U>>>>>>HIT THANK BUTTON>>>>>>
ugh! Thanks a bunch Ted for all that information, but its still not doing anything after installing 3.71.... I even tried re-booting but its still showing as "Safe System: Not Active"........... what the heck is wrong with my S4???!!

http: //imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/kka2.png

John The Rhino
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Hey John, I tried re-booting but im not getting any prompts to go into safestrap revocery. All I see is samsung written on the top with a silver padlock below, with the words "custom" written under the lock. After that screen it goes into the regular at&t startup.

Is there a way to force activate safestrap on re-boot?
Hmmm. I would double check your unknown sources setting & perhaps even try reinstalling SafeStrap. You will get the Safestrap Splash screen upon reboot which gives you the option to continue to booting the phone or to enter Safestrap recovery. It always shows in red as disabled on stock rom and green as enabled on a custom rom. Do you have Safestrap showing up in your apps?

dark5577
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
ugh! Thanks a bunch Ted for all that information, but its still not doing anything after installing 3.71.... I even tried re-booting but its still showing as "Safe System: Not Active"........... what the heck is wrong with my S4???!!

http: //imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/kka2.png
Try installing Busybox from the Play Store, then try the installation again.

Safe system will say not active until you switch to a rom slot from within the SafeStrap recovery.

that_wasnt_nice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark5577 View Post
Try installing Busybox from the Play Store, then try the installation again.

Safe system will say not active until you switch to a rom slot from within the SafeStrap recovery.
Hey dark, I installed busybox and re-installed safestrap, but it is still not working and doing the same thing as before!

any other suggestions??