Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Loose screen !!!

Tip us?

orbinho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Loose screen !!!

Hi everyone, just noticed today that the g pad has a loose screen on the right side of the tablet just bellow the rocker volume.
If i apply gentle pressure to that spot it kind of creeks 😦, any recomandations ? I saw that this is common for some specific models like the Nexus 7 but i did not expect to pay 350 euro for a squeeke tablet, is this covered by warranty ?

Impromark
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbinho View Post
Hi everyone, just noticed today that the g pad has a loose screen on the right side of the tablet just bellow the rocker volume.
If i apply gentle pressure to that spot it kind of creeks 😦, any recomandations ? I saw that this is common for some specific models like the Nexus 7 but i did not expect to pay 350 euro for a squeeke tablet, is this covered by warranty ?
Possibly. Mine does the same thing, giving a sort of popping sound when you press on it, but otherwise appears to be solidly holding together. I suspect that there isn't much or any adhesive applied to that section of the screen so it wouldn't interfere with the buttons during assembly.

You can try returning it, but IMO it's something I can live with. Once I put it in my case, if I were to press on that area I'd be pressing on the lip of the case and wouldn't get that sound. I had actually forgotten about it until reading this post. :P

Mark