No registration required

[Q] Getting boot loops no matter what rom

OP EXDetonator

20th January 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hey guys,

I have the latest twrp sprint build installed on my Sprint HTC One (m7wls). It seems that no matter what rom I install, after sliding up the lock and unlocking the screen, I get a white HTC splash screen. The phone then proceeds to boot loop. I can access my recovery perfectly fine. This has happened with Android revolution, viper rom, nocturnal google edition, beanstalk 4.4 ge. etc. If it's a GE rom, then the phone will go maybe 1 or 2 steps into set up and then boot loop. If it's a sense rom, I get the same result for each one: i swipe up to unlock, get a white splash screen, and bootloop. I've tried wiping every cache, reflashing several times, and sideloading. I'm really lost guys, I don't know why my phone hates me. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks
20th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,185

8,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXDetonator

Hey guys,

I have the latest twrp sprint build installed on my Sprint HTC One (m7wls). It seems that no matter what rom I install, after sliding up the lock and unlocking the screen, I get a white HTC splash screen. The phone then proceeds to boot loop. I can access my recovery perfectly fine. This has happened with Android revolution, viper rom, nocturnal google edition, beanstalk 4.4 ge. etc. If it's a GE rom, then the phone will go maybe 1 or 2 steps into set up and then boot loop. If it's a sense rom, I get the same result for each one: i swipe up to unlock, get a white splash screen, and bootloop. I've tried wiping every cache, reflashing several times, and sideloading. I'm really lost guys, I don't know why my phone hates me. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks

Sounds like you installed the GSM version of ViperOne or ARHD(meaning not the version that still has Sprint support).
You will need to RUU to fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Sounds like you installed the GSM version of ViperOne or ARHD(meaning not the version that still has Sprint support).
You will need to RUU to fix it

Dang alright thanks, I'm downloading the RUU executable now. So all I do is relock the bootloader, and then run the RUU in fastboot? I hope this works, I need a working phone.
20th January 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Dang alright thanks, I'm downloading the RUU executable now. So all I do is relock the bootloader, and then run the RUU in fastboot? I hope this works, I need a working phone.

Yup re-lock and run from fastboot
21st January 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I'm getting an error when trying to run the RUU. It's saying it can't connect to the device. Attached is a picture of the message. Any insights anybody?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xda.png
Views:	16
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	2528881  
21st January 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm getting an error when trying to run the RUU. It's saying it can't connect to the device. Attached is a picture of the message. Any insights anybody?

Try a different usb port USB2 work best
21st January 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Try a different usb port USB2 work best

I've tried another usb port, no dice. I tried the "fastboot devices" command line under both ports, and the device shows up so idk why the RUU utility won't work. I may try manually flashing the firmware via fastboot command.

*edit* I managed to manually flash the firmware package via fastboot, but the phone refuses to boot into even stock android. It's going straight to hboot each time, where it say i has os- 3.05. What's going on? I already relocked.

**edit 2** I've managed to RUU! Now time to reflash recovery and try another rom. Any recommendations?
Last edited by EXDetonator; 21st January 2014 at 01:49 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread