[Q] Very interesting SIM read situation. Help me...

Search This thread

SmithZ33

Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

Before you start saying to yourself "oh great, another idiot with a SIM error..." you should know that I've searched for hours and have not found anything like this. Actually, there was one guy that may have, but his thread was three posts long. At this point, I'm just desperate for help or ideas.

So to start, I had soft bricked my E970 and was trying to find my serial to download a KDZ file to recover. Since I didn't know that you could pull the ID strip through the SD slot at the time, I removed my back cover and battery to get to it. Didn't touch anything else while I was back there, so I'm doubtful that this is even relevant. Nevertheless, I eventually was able to recover my phone through LGNPST and moved on to root, unlock and install ROMs. Soon, I realized that my phone wouldn't read my SIM. It took me a while since I had the SIM pulled and in another phone while messing with this one. But then I realized that it wasn't necessarily that it wouldn't read my SIM, but I noticed through the little pop-ups that come when inserting/removing a sim that the phone actually thought I was removing it when inserting it, and inserting it when removing it. It had reversed the "sensing" mechanism somehow. At first, I thought it was my current ROM, so I changed to a completely different one. Same issue. Then I reverted to stock through LGNPST. Same issue. Complete factory hard reset. Same issue. So then I thought maybe it had something to do with removing the battery, like maybe I could trick the phone by inserting, removing the battery, then removing it. That didn't work either.

So please hit me with any and all ideas that could even be remotely possible. I'm willing to try anything. Oh, and yes, I've tried multiple SIMs. All of which are original micro sims - not cut.

Thank you all for any genius you can provide!!!

Rishi.

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
This seems more like a board(motherboard) problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THis might not help but if you are willing to try then maybe , you can read this :

There's one thing I might suggest you to try is to put the device in a complete Factory mode.
I.E. LGNPST the original firmware file , ( don not flash the stock zip , LGNPST the .tot file ).
Make sure device is unrooted and and locked. ( should be automatic once you follow step listed above,) .

Switch off the phone and put your sim card inside , then switch on the phone and see if that works.
Also you can try to tweak with the base-band settings in the device. Secret menu : 3845#*970#
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and your phone is carrier unlocked or locked ?

Last edited:

SmithZ33

Dec 30, 2013
This seems more like a board(motherboard) problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THis might not help but if you are willing to try then maybe , you can read this :

There's one thing I might suggest you to try is to put the device in a complete Factory mode.
I.E. LGNPST the original firmware file , ( don not flash the stock zip , LGNPST the .tot file ).
Make sure device is unrooted and and locked. ( should be automatic once you follow step listed above,) .

Switch off the phone and put your sim card inside , then switch on the phone and see if that works.
Also you can try to tweak with the base-band settings in the device. Secret menu : 3845#*970#
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and your phone is carrier unlocked or locked ?

Unfortunately, I've tried that. I used LGNPST to return to stock firmware (.tot/.bin) and inserted the sim while powered off. It still says no sim upon booting. Normally this would lead me to believe it's a hardware issue, but since I know I didn't damage or even touch the sim reader during this whole process, and I know that it was fine before, I can't bring myself to believe it is. And besides that, it's not that it's not reading my sim, it's just that it thinks I remove it when I insert it, so it doesn't even attempt to. I feel like that must be something software related. But I could be wrong...

Also, it is locked to AT&T, using an AT&T sim. Thanks