Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help w/ Nexus 7 (2012)

Tip us?

Gunstra
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Help w/ Nexus 7 (2012)

I have been running CM10.2 on my Nexus 7 since I bought it. It has been running fine until recently and now the Google Play Market will not work, browsers are crashing and other apps are crashing all over the place. I am trying to flash another Rom onto it but keep getting errors during the flash about the zips not being able to be opened and such. I am also getting errors trying to use the Unified Nexus Toolkit, because the CM is 4.3.1 and this build is not in the list for the toolkit so I have been trying to use Custom Rom (JB) from the top of the list but it goes into TWRP that it downloaded and used on a temp load but once in TWRP it can't connect with device to do a nandroid backup.

I am running TWRP Multi-rom as the Recovery and I am, trying to flash CyanFox for Grouper. Could I be getting errors because I am running the Multi-rom instead of plain TWRP or CWM? If so, can I flash a new recovery onto the Nexus 7 without wiping my CM10.2 because it is not yet backed up.

If you know of any easier ways to get this done let me know. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advanced!!!

Gunstra
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Update: I have now went ahead and wiped system, dalvik, cache and factory data reset and have tried flashing both cyanfox and beanstalk harmony. Both are giving me a Status 7 Error. Any ideas why?