Steps I completed:
1. downloaded zip file to flash to desktop computer
2. made a copy of the file and renamed it to org_no_tether.zip
3. opened org_no_tether.zip so I could delete the new framework-res.apk file
4. copied my phone's current framework-res.apk file to the org_no_tether directory I created when unzipping file using droid explorer to access file
5. rezipped org_no_tether directory to org_no_tether.zip
6. placed both files on my external sd card
When I rebooted it just hung during the AT&T boot animation sequence. I tried wiping the cache, user data, dalvik cache, etc...to try and get it to boot to no avail. I ended up just having to reinstall the ROM using a zip file I found on these forums and everything runs great now. The file I used to reinstall the ROM via recovery was loserskaters found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ount=18http://. Everything works great now but I'd still like to get the tethering hack.
In the instructions it said to copy the file to the external sd card so that's what I did, but what I'm wondering is if I was supposed to copy it to my sdcard instead where I place all other files to be flashed? I just wanted to be sure I didn't do something else wrong before I go through this process again and end up having the same result.
Thanks a lot for any help!