Switch to Tmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
My wife and I switched to Verizon last summer from Sprint. I received a 27% discount from Sprint(for my line) and a 20% discount from Verizon. I pay about $8 more on Verizon, but the service blows Sprint out of the water. My parents had TMO, and ended up filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau because of dropped phone calls, lack of service, poor customer service, etc. (they live about 1/4 mile off the interstate in Boise) TMO let them out of their contract and now they are on Verizon, and happy with the service.

I like the service with Verizon so far. My only complaints are the locked bootloaders on every freaking device and no Nexus 5. Sprint didn't lock anything.

Reactions: blackwell387

mikeone33

Oct 31, 2008
Phoenix
You will need to trade in your phone or a phone. T-Mobile can have spotty service in some areas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Reason I pay out the nose for Big Red - is coverage/ coverage/ reliability.
I do love what T-Mo is doing with opening up the handsets and trying to get business though in most cases you're better off selling your own handset - and buying a T-Mo compatible handset and avoiding a contract with T-Mo.

I had experience in changing to T-Mo - I did not survive a week.

I had dropped calls, I had low signal. In lower Wisconsin I had no coverage.

So I bit the bullet ponied up the cash and headed back over to the Big Red where my only *****ing is the bill :)

Reactions: Harleydroid

Easymfe

Dec 29, 2011
If I didn't travel so much for work, I would switch. I tried out T-Mobile right when I was heading out for a trip through Northern Cali, I only made it 1 day before returning the phone and canceling my account. Lol. Data was in and out on the interstates and only stable in the big cities. My Verizon phone was solid 4lte for most of the time, and 3g when it wasn't. Plus I just upgraded 2 lines and kept my unlimited data for another 2 years (had to add a basic phone line for $10 more a month to keep my unlimited).

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

BrewersFanJP

Jan 20, 2014
I thought about switching to T-Mobile but the reviews I've heard from people around here is it's great in the cities, but they lose coverage outside of them. According to their map, where I work would get "OK" coverage, and considering I work in a concrete building, I'm sure that means nearly no coverage.

I'm going to stick with Verizon because of the coverage. I'm still grandfathered into some good plans so my cost isn't horrible, but I have some tough choices to make with my contract nearly up and my decision to get the Galaxy Note 3. I still have unlimited data, but average around 2 GB a month so it's not something I absolutely need. I've heard of loyalty plans that would decrease my bill a bit and potentially get me more data than 2 GB, so I'm looking into that.

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm starting to think the coverage for tmo isn't going to work for me. I also have a friend at work that has tmo and his signal at work is terrible. If only they could get better coverage.

Reactions: wurfel

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I would switch to T-mobile if the coverage was better...In the end service and coverage come first, modding and unlocked bootloaders is secondary on my priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come on in, the water is nice. I am a long time t-mobile customer, and I couldn't be happier. Low rates, top phones, good coverage (urban), unlimited international text and data (not a gimmick, I used it in Japan for a week).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
    The only complaint I have is their service is area is not that good in places. Other than that I have been a happy Tmobile customer.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

I'm not talking smack on T Mo at all. Their business plan and service rates are fair and unlocked phones are nice. It's just the service you DONT get if you're a heavy traveler. I use T Mo at home in my sim # 3 spot because I do get good data at the house. When I'm in South Texas oil fields I use my # 2 sim AT&T. If I'm in west Texas oil field I use Big RED. The 3 sim setup is nice and I always have service...... my bill is around $200 a month but it's a write off anyway.
    Why would you ever do the tmobiles switching program? You have to turn in your phone also making you pay for another note 3, they profit by selling your phone by having money left over after paying the etf. I'm planning on switching by selling my phone for 600+$ paying the etf and I will have over 300$ to pay for another note 3. Verizon can suck my dong, I'm done.

EDIT: And unlimited FU**ING data!
    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I didn't know you had to pay for a new Note3 if they pay you ETF. So sell the phone then have them pay the ETF?
    Okay I clearly need to research it a bit more.

Sounds all good but look at T Mo's coverage map. Kinda gargles rhino balls..... most people that will stay with Big Dumb Red is for coverage reasons. In more places than not, if you're off the interstate you're out of luck.