Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

continuous video - how do i turn it off?

Tip us?

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default continuous video - how do i turn it off?

Running a totally stock OGP (for now). Whenever I go into video mode and shoot a video and stop it, then a few seconds/minutes later shoot a second video (such as at one of the kids sports games), the second video is automatically attached to the first video, as one long run-on video. I'd like to be able to shoot and possibly delete separate videos but it comes out as one long file.

I've looked throughout the setting but cannot find any settings that allow distinct, separate videos. Am I missing something? How do I get the phone to make separate files for each time I ask it to video?

ackliph
Old
(Last edited by ackliph; 21st January 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 106
I think you are hitting pause and not stop. Pause is 2 bars. Stop is the square... This question also goes in q&a...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
HTC Inspire 4G *sold*
Samsung Galaxy Exhibit - SlimBean *wow*
HTC ONE XL *sold*
Samsung Galaxy Nexus *sold*
LG Nexus 4 *sent back*
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 Hercules
LG Optimus G Pro LG-E980
AT&T GoPhone 2GB Unlimited

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackliph View Post
I think you are hitting pause and not stop. Pause is 2 bars. Stop is the square... This question also goes in q&a...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
I hate to admit this is writing, but I am a dumbass!!! Duh, you are correct. I was hitting pause, not stop. I thought the lower button was for taking stills while videoing. I was mistaken on that as well. The lower one is stop and the upper one is for taking stills.

Now, how about this...when I "stop" shooting a video, it comes out of video mode and leaves me back in still photography mode. Is there some way to make it stay in video mode, when I stop shooting a video? Also, does "auto review" do anything in video mode? It works as expected in photo mode...