Help Xperia Z1s Status Bar Turns Grey in Settings/Dialer

OP POMF2K

21st January 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 46

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K

Honestly it's not a problem aside from the fact that it's unsightly. I was afraid messed something up.

So even without nova it would still turn grey?

Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. Different folks...
21st January 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo

Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. Different folks...

Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.
21st January 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #13  

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K

Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.

I think it's simply a case of the status bar/button panel (whatever it's called) blending the default black color with the white-ish background of the app. I assume it's just the application of translucency and alpha blending. Change the bgcolor of those apps, probably goes away. Maybe there are some other white-background apps to prove that theory.
21st January 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 32

99 posts
Messaging does it too, fyi

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #15  

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb31b

Messaging does it too, fyi

Good catch. I replaced stock Messaging with 8sms to fix group threading. 8sms doesn't have the gray bars, even with the light theme, but stock Messaging definitely does.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread