XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Xperia Z1s Status Bar Turns Grey in Settings/Dialer

Tip us?

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K View Post
Honestly it's not a problem aside from the fact that it's unsightly. I was afraid messed something up.

So even without nova it would still turn grey?
Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. Different folks...

POMF2K
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. Different folks...
Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMF2K View Post
Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.
I think it's simply a case of the status bar/button panel (whatever it's called) blending the default black color with the white-ish background of the app. I assume it's just the application of translucency and alpha blending. Change the bgcolor of those apps, probably goes away. Maybe there are some other white-background apps to prove that theory.

nb31b
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Messaging does it too, fyi

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb31b View Post
Messaging does it too, fyi
Good catch. I replaced stock Messaging with 8sms to fix group threading. 8sms doesn't have the gray bars, even with the light theme, but stock Messaging definitely does.