Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] hi too many qs about verizon htc one

Tip us?

prathik7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] hi too many qs about verizon htc one

i bought a verizon htc one and am using it in the simple mobile prepaid network. its on android 4.2.2 with software number 1.10.605.10. since i dont have a verizon sim it wont update to the latest jellybean ota. my questions

1) how should i start off rooting and s off it
i was thinking rumrunner----> change the tampered to unlocked-----> flash recovery twrp-----> flash stock +su

2) in the end i want the stock android 4.4 with sense 5.5 rom, the unlocked version
so should i first flash verizon software 2.10.605.10 ------> update the firmware via fastboot-------> flash the stock 4.4 unlocked edition rom

3)if i flash the verizon 2.10.605.10 will i lose touch control when coming from 1.10.605.10? then how will i be able to get to fastboot to flash firmware? or should i flash the firmware first then the rom?

4) can i flash the android 4.4 sense 5.5 rom for unlocked htc one taken from http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/ . will it work in my phone?. i am not using verizon sim.

5) if i need to return my phone for warranty and need to be back in stock 1.10.605.10. how should i go about it?
is it

change from unlocked to locked ----> flash the ruu as rom.zip ------> change to s-on.

if i follow that method where do i get the 1.10.605.10 rom is it from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=248531 ?/

also if i flash the 1.10.605.10 rom, how will i flash the firmware back, since the newest firmware wont work on the old rom?

please do give me a reply. i have been searching the forums for replies and its all confusing.

thanks a lot

prathik

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathik7 View Post
i bought a verizon htc one and am using it in the simple mobile prepaid network. its on android 4.2.2 with software number 1.10.605.10. since i dont have a verizon sim it wont update to the latest jellybean ota. my questions

1) how should i start off rooting and s off it
i was thinking rumrunner----> change the tampered to unlocked-----> flash recovery twrp-----> flash stock +su

Rumrunner - then flash recovery

2) in the end i want the stock android 4.4 with sense 5.5 rom, the unlocked version
so should i first flash verizon software 2.10.605.10 ------> update the firmware via fastboot-------> flash the stock 4.4 unlocked edition rom

Do not update to 2.10.605.10 before you root. After you root flash that firmware.zip by @santod040

3)if i flash the verizon 2.10.605.10 will i lose touch control when coming from 1.10.605.10? then how will i be able to get to fastboot to flash firmware? or should i flash the firmware first then the rom?

Touch control? You should flash the firmware, then the ROM. Follow Santod's instructions about flashing firmware.

4) can i flash the android 4.4 sense 5.5 rom for unlocked htc one taken from http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/ . will it work in my phone?. i am not using verizon sim.

Not sure about what that ROM is, but you could try Eclipse 4.4 and use the LTE switcher to change to a GSM network.

5) if i need to return my phone for warranty and need to be back in stock 1.10.605.10. how should i go about it?
is it

Use the revert to S-On thread

change from unlocked to locked ----> flash the ruu as rom.zip ------> change to s-on.

if i follow that method where do i get the 1.10.605.10 rom is it from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=248531 ?/

Look for the RUU

also if i flash the 1.10.605.10 rom, how will i flash the firmware back, since the newest firmware wont work on the old rom?

When you RUU it will revert everything.

please do give me a reply. i have been searching the forums for replies and its all confusing.

thanks a lot

prathik
See my answers above.

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...

Device:
HTC One vzw

https://github.com/brymaster5000
AndroidFileHost

Android-Edge
The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prathik7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000 View Post
See my answers above.
thanks a lot..so far i have done rumrunner s off, flashed twrp and have takena nandroid backup.

will do the remaining steps.
once again thanks.

prathik7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000 View Post
See my answers above.
also..you meant the ecliptic rom right?. i couldnt find a eclipse rom. i neeed a sense 5.5+ kitkat as close to stock rom as possible.