Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 37,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] C6916 Z1s Why won't it stay asleep?

Tip us?

trovatrice
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] C6916 Z1s Why won't it stay asleep?

Any idea why the Z1s keeps waking up, especially once the battery reaches 100%? I have it set to sleep after two minutes of inactivity, so once it reaches 100%, it starts cycling through sleep/wake/sleep all night/all day when left on the charger.

Any suggestions for getting it to STAY asleep? BTW, proximity sensor makes no difference... It happens when it's face up and face down.

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Are you using the OEM charger? I don't know have this problem a C6906 on the OEM charger (and my SGS2 charger, actually). Try charging it from a different source. When the battery reaches 100%, the charger might back off too much and let the battery drain a bit, leading to an endless loop.

It could also be software weirdness (tough to tell with some of these problems). Try doing a factory reset if changing the charger doesn't help.

trovatrice
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Are you using the OEM charger? I don't know have this problem a C6906 on the OEM charger (and my SGS2 charger, actually). Try charging it from a different source. When the battery reaches 100%, the charger might back off too much and let the battery drain a bit, leading to an endless loop.

It could also be software weirdness (tough to tell with some of these problems). Try doing a factory reset if changing the charger doesn't help.
Thanks, yeah... It happens with the OEM charger and two other chargers (HTC) that I've tried. I've tried eliminating SW possibilities too (launchers, lock screen widgets, notifications,etc.). :it is a mystery:

FWIW, the aftermarket Sony magnetic cable has the opposite problem. It doesn't charge fast enough to keep up with background demands.

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by trovatrice View Post
I've tried eliminating SW possibilities too (launchers, lock screen widgets, notifications,etc.).
Did you actually try a factory reset, though? Setting > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. It wipes your data, but may fix the problem. In my experience, sometimes it's easier to just give up and start over.

trovatrice
Old
(Last edited by trovatrice; 21st January 2014 at 04:34 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Did you actually try a factory reset, though? Setting > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. It wipes your data, but may fix the problem. In my experience, sometimes it's easier to just give up and start over.
I'll confess that I haven't tried that (yet). I've only had the phone for a week (coming from an HTC Sensation) and have only begun to learn where everything is and how to use the camera w/ its manual settings. Though I was pleasantly surprised by how painless the initial setup was (thanks to Lookout Security's restore feature), I'm not sure that I have the appetite to reset it just yet! But you're right... it's probably the only way to figure out exactly which tweak messed it up!

After observing it closely all afternoon, I can confirm that it only starts happening when the battery reaches the 100% charge level.