[ROM][PORT][mb886] SlimKat v5.10 [4.4.4] [06/26/2014]

Search This thread

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Download - Download the rom.

Gapps and Addons - Download the gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Last edited:

TecknoFreak

Things to know and Troubleshooting

Having Problems with Superuser?
Super user is hidden in settings, developer options. Have to turn it on.

How to close Recent apps from the new resents style?
opethehowdyman said:
In response to the "clear all recent apps button". I saw this in a YouTube video. While in recent apps, from top of screen with one finger and bottom of screen with thumb, pinch together and all recent apps will close. I hope this will help.
http://youtu.be/166MLgzcqnw. At 1:50 in the video he describes closing all recent apps.

Last edited:

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
So far so good. I'm loving it so far, thanks

Sent from my Atrix HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat (mb886) [Unofficial] [beta 2.1]

Trying to select APN force closes.

Slimkat is the first KK rom I see it show "HOME" instead of T-Mobile as my carrier, under Straight Talk.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Yeah, I don't see why XT925 is supported, but we aren't. Also, doesn't this come with SU integrated in the settings app?

It does have superuser and asks for permissions when apps request root.

Last edited:

TecknoFreak

Trying to select APN force closes.

Slimkat is the first KK rom I see it show "HOME" instead of T-Mobile as my carrier, under Straight Talk.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

It does have superuser and asks for permissions when apps request root.

That's very unusual as well. Never seen that one before if you ask me. At least for me it does show T-Mobile which is what I have.

As for the superuser yes it works without a problem. That is why I mentioned. SuperSU to be flashed as optional. I don't like to wait 3 seconds to give root permissions to a trusted app

TecknoFreak

OK guys, @sickkside13, @joarce, @penser and @clockcycle

ROM updated to newest weekly and I have fix the issue of APN Force Closing and other few changes like stock phone apk and others.

I have tried everything for the last 2hrs and haven't find any problems. So rom is up to date and working perfect to say no less.

I'm running this rom with the Full PA Gapps (largest gapps) with zero problems.

Enjoy the smooth!!!!!

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Thanks man really love this ROM I will be flashing it in a moment.. I currently building aokp_kk.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: TecknoFreak

penser

Jan 17, 2013
Thanks man really love this ROM I will be flashing it in a moment.. I currently building aokp_kk.

Now if only we could get some AOSPA builds! I already asked CJ360 (from drdevs.com, same name on XDA) since he has builds up for XT925/6 and XT907, he said he's gonna get it stable on his XT926 then start building for all the other qcom/msm8960 family members.

Reactions: Byakko Custom

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
Yeah true I am syncing repo but Ubuntu on APU systems suck so I'll see later how it goes since it always gives me crash errors

tyrone1

Feb 9, 2011
How is the camera app? Is it not good quality like on cm11? Can store camera photos in external sd?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
oh snap

Is this ROM CM11 based? Does it have the same problem with radio crashing?

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

How is the camera app? Is it not good quality like on cm11? Can store camera photos in external sd?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Camera works same as others. I haven't used it because I use the one from full pa gapps and that yes have that option to save on sdcard or internal sd

According to http://slimroms.net/index.php/slim-bean-features it sounds like their camera has unique features.

EDIT: What I have noticed so far is that the dialer doesn't have the issue CM11 dialer does. When you first activate the phone and press he keypad icon CM11 shows up blank. This one doesn't seem to have that problem.

EDIT: I would like to see this rom complied from source, rather than "cleaning" up the CN one. For some reason I can't shake the "untrusting" feeling ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Download - Download the rom.

Gapps and Addons - Download the gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.
    I've been thinking about the unified build.prop issue as well. So far the best solution I've come up with is a zip originally designed to be flashed to modify build.prop values; it shouldn't be that hard to modify it to be integrated with the current unified sources to update the build.prop with device specific values near the end of the updater script.

That's # 3 on my list, after PAC's telephony msim issues (currently in progress) and testing our various modems (tomorrow or tonight if msim gets done).
    I haven't flashed this update yet so I don't know how to fix the loss of root (reflash su binaries?) but I've fixed the download link for computers.

I removed the "%20" in the url (which indicates an erroneous space that translates as %20)

Here's the link to the Slim weekly:

https://www.mediafire.com/?n61492a21619upm/SlimKat
    Things to know and Troubleshooting

Having Problems with Superuser?
    Super user is hidden in settings, developer options. Have to turn it on.

How to close Recent apps from the new resents style?
    opethehowdyman said:
    In response to the "clear all recent apps button". I saw this in a YouTube video. While in recent apps, from top of screen with one finger and bottom of screen with thumb, pinch together and all recent apps will close. I hope this will help.
    http://youtu.be/166MLgzcqnw. At 1:50 in the video he describes closing all recent apps.
    OP updated with the newest weekly guys.
    Report any bugs or problems if see any.

Working on getting Official Support!!!!!!! :fingers-crossed:

Enjoy!!!!!!