Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't unlock bootloader

Tip us?

wolverineclaws
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
I'll be 100% honest with you, the first thing I did with both my N5 and N7 was unlock the bootloader. But, can you use fastboot to flash a stock factory image zip (link in my signature)?

If not, will it allow fastboot erase cache?

What version of TWRP are you using, and why is your bootloader locked with TWRP installed? Did you relock it?
I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.1.

I can kind of flash the stock image back. I don't think it really works though. I checked the driver under device manager. It says it is for a nexus 4.. I downloaded and installed the google driver from their site. Is there a different one I should be using?

I did relock the bootloader. I thought I had flashed back the google stock image just fine, but apparantly not. What happened was randomly yesterday the tablet was stuck at the google boot screen. I went in to recovery and it said there was no OS installed. So I figured the best thing to do was the return it to stock. It is weird because it just hangs at certain commands. Like fastboot oem unlock or fastboot format etc.... Could it be a driver thing? The tablet responds to other commands though. :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	29
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2529091   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	30
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2529092   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.png
Views:	28
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	2529095  

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverineclaws View Post
I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.1.

I can kind of flash the stock image back. I don't think it really works though. I checked the driver under device manager. It says it is for a nexus 4.. I downloaded and installed the google driver from their site. Is there a different one I should be using?

I did relock the bootloader. I thought I had flashed back the google stock image just fine, but apparantly not. What happened was randomly yesterday the tablet was stuck at the google boot screen. I went in to recovery and it said there was no OS installed. So I figured the best thing to do was the return it to stock. It is weird because it just hangs at certain commands. Like fastboot oem unlock or fastboot format etc.... Could it be a driver thing? The tablet responds to other commands though. :/
You can try to uninstall the drivers (also tick the box in the dialog that pops up). Scan for new hardware, and keep deleting drivers until you can't anymore. Then grab the latest ones from my signature, if you didn't have them already. Mine shows up as Android Bootloader Interface. Also, make sure you're using USB 2.0 ports.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolverineclaws
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
You can try to uninstall the drivers (also tick the box in the dialog that pops up). Scan for new hardware, and keep deleting drivers until you can't anymore. Then grab the latest ones from my signature, if you didn't have them already. Mine shows up as Android Bootloader Interface. Also, make sure you're using USB 2.0 ports.
yeah, I tried that. I feel like I have tried everything... I'm sure if I didn't relock the bootloader things would be different. Well, I'm going to see if JTag could be able to repair it. for 50 bucks it would be worth it. Thanks for all your help though!