Ask a question

No registration required

About battery

OP vuducnamit.94

20th January 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.
20th January 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Maybe you could buy a portable charger. Anyway, i think that is better for battery life not to have too many services
20th January 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 94

498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94

I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.

Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.
21st January 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine

Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.

Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?
Last edited by vuducnamit.94; 21st January 2014 at 05:58 AM.
21st January 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 146

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94

Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?

Root is needed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread