FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

About battery

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By vuducnamit.94, Junior Member on 20th January 2014, 07:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.
 
 
20th January 2014, 01:46 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Maybe you could buy a portable charger. Anyway, i think that is better for battery life not to have too many services
20th January 2014, 02:33 PM |#3  
death__machine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94

I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.

Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.
21st January 2014, 04:53 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine

Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.

Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?
21st January 2014, 04:59 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 185
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94

Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?

Root is needed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes