Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

About battery

Tip us?

vuducnamit.94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default About battery

I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.

Ninm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe you could buy a portable charger. Anyway, i think that is better for battery life not to have too many services

death__machine
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94 View Post
I use GEL with "Ok Google" turning off, does it save battery as stock launcher ? And should i disable Motorola Services to save battery too ? My job requires me to go out for many days so my battery is very important to me. Anyone explain to me please, tks so much.
Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.
Phone:
LG G3 32GB Black

Phones I've had in the past:
Moto G 16GB Black > HTC One X 32GB(White) > iPhone 3GS 16GB>Sony Ericsson W910i>Nokia 5700>Sony Ericsson W810i>Sony Ericsson W800i>Nokia N-Gage>Nokia 3510i>Nokia 5510>Nokia 3310>Nokia 5110

vuducnamit.94
Old
(Last edited by vuducnamit.94; 21st January 2014 at 04:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
Yes Gel and Motorola Services should consume a portion of your battery, so switching them off might save you some. I've switched off Motorola Services on my device too, not that helpful for me anyway. You can always test the device battery with both the services switched on and then off. To compare if the battery benefits(if there are any) reaped are good enough to keep the services switched off.
Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?

theoneofgod
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuducnamit.94 View Post
Can you tell me how to disable Motorola Services please ? The disable button on All Apps is blur so i can not press it . I wanna keep my G virgin so i do not root it :P. Do you have the way to disable without rooting ?
Root is needed.
Current Devices:
Moto G 16GB
Huawei Y300 (Black)
Alcatel OT-983 (Black) [Dead]
Nokia 2630
Xperia Play R800i (Black) [Dead]
Nexus 7 (16GB) [Returned]