Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] A3000-F Interal & External the same

OP 7yn

4th January 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Alright, i'm at wits end here. I've googled and googled for several days, looked at countless forums for help and advice, i've ran into numerous applications that would allow you to swap the two after rooting (Which I did with framaroot).

Here's my dilemma, the applications and even modifying the vold.slab, allow you to switch external for internal. External for the /most/ part some exceptions is suppose to be the External Memory of your device, the SDCard, however on the A3000-F the External is a symlink of the Internal. They're the /exact/ same.

I've checked it out with all kinds of programs, including Root Explorer, TWRP, Link2SD - they're all the same. When I check the stats of the two storage locations, they reflect the same contents.

All I want to do is somehow if it's magically possible. Point the damn External to the REAL SDCard, and not a emulated internal storage one. That's it - that's all I want, but Lenovo is hell bent on making this entire procedure near impossible.

I've factory reset, modified the symlinks inside Root Explorer. I did manage to get the external to show up in /some/ applications as a secondary storage, but the main base of the firmware still sees the external as the internal. Mirrored basically. I do hope you are following me when I say all this, and please don't just assume I want to swap internal for external - I KNOW how to do that. I want to POINT external to the SDCard (The real one) On my system that would be SDCard1, because SDCard0 is the symlink to /mnt/emulated/legacy

Okay that's it. I hope one of you gurus know how to make this work. I'm not afraid of ripping this thing open if I have to file architecture wise to make it work. I /really/ want this to work the way it should. I find it ludicrous that the external is just pointing to the internal and all the applications see secondary and primary storage as the /samething/.

Thanks again - I appreciate the help in advance!
14th January 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #2  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yn

Alright, i'm at wits end here. I've googled and googled for several days, looked at countless forums for help and advice, i've ran into numerous applications that would allow you to swap the two after rooting (Which I did with framaroot).

Here's my dilemma, the applications and even modifying the vold.slab, allow you to switch external for internal. External for the /most/ part some exceptions is suppose to be the External Memory of your device, the SDCard, however on the A3000-F the External is a symlink of the Internal. They're the /exact/ same.

I've checked it out with all kinds of programs, including Root Explorer, TWRP, Link2SD - they're all the same. When I check the stats of the two storage locations, they reflect the same contents.

All I want to do is somehow if it's magically possible. Point the damn External to the REAL SDCard, and not a emulated internal storage one. That's it - that's all I want, but Lenovo is hell bent on making this entire procedure near impossible.

I've factory reset, modified the symlinks inside Root Explorer. I did manage to get the external to show up in /some/ applications as a secondary storage, but the main base of the firmware still sees the external as the internal. Mirrored basically. I do hope you are following me when I say all this, and please don't just assume I want to swap internal for external - I KNOW how to do that. I want to POINT external to the SDCard (The real one) On my system that would be SDCard1, because SDCard0 is the symlink to /mnt/emulated/legacy

Okay that's it. I hope one of you gurus know how to make this work. I'm not afraid of ripping this thing open if I have to file architecture wise to make it work. I /really/ want this to work the way it should. I find it ludicrous that the external is just pointing to the internal and all the applications see secondary and primary storage as the /samething/.

there is a new rom called fuse
which combines internal and external SD into a hole one data.
21st January 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #3  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yn

see this it may help you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2346389
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread