FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Trouble creating twrp

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By tsoby, Member on 20th January 2014, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I am currently running a stock ROM rooted nexus 5 with xposed framework with gravity box. I wanted to create a backup as I Dont currently have one which I know I should have done. Now when I went into twrp from my phone being on and selected backup along with what to backup my phone restarted to the android with a red triangle. How can I create a backup?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
20th January 2014, 09:57 PM |#2  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,948
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoby

So I am currently running a stock ROM rooted nexus 5 with xposed framework with gravity box. I wanted to create a backup as I Dont currently have one which I know I should have done. Now when I went into twrp from my phone being on and selected backup along with what to backup my phone restarted to the android with a red triangle. How can I create a backup?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would recommend booting back into recovery and trying again with the backup option. If that still doesn't work I would recommend flashing the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery for the Nexus 5, and using that to perform a backup of your device. Let me know if you still have any questions.
20th January 2014, 10:10 PM |#3  
tsoby's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Can I just download cwm recovery straight from the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th January 2014, 10:20 PM |#4  
tsoby's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

I would recommend booting back into recovery and trying again with the backup option. If that still doesn't work I would recommend flashing the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery for the Nexus 5, and using that to perform a backup of your device. Let me know if you still have any questions.

To flash twrp can I install from play store then go advanced then install recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 12:54 AM |#5  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,948
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoby

To flash twrp can I install from play store then go advanced then install recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I assume you are talking about download GooManager from Play Store and then using that to install TWRP? If so, yes that's one way. Another way is to download the TWRP recovery image and use Flashify app to flash the recovery image. My personal favorite just because it's the way I always do it is to download the recovery image to my computer then boot into the device's bootloader and use fastboot to flash it to my device.
21st January 2014, 12:57 AM |#6  
tsoby's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Got it thank you sir!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 04:21 AM |#7  
tsoby's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

I assume you are talking about download GooManager from Play Store and then using that to install TWRP? If so, yes that's one way. Another way is to download the TWRP recovery image and use Flashify app to flash the recovery image. My personal favorite just because it's the way I always do it is to download the recovery image to my computer then boot into the device's bootloader and use fastboot to flash it to my device.

Just to clarify I got this right I disabled all the xposed modules and uninstalled xposed framework then rebooted and used root toolkit or something along those lines I forget now to flash twrp so now when I go into fastboot then recover I can access twrp. I made a backup of just the stock rooted ROM. Now I'm safe if I soft brick correct? I had serious trouble a year ago figuring this all out with my s3 and soft bricked multiple tines with no recovery but I Dont want to be back in that boat but want to try out some custom roms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 05:10 AM |#8  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,948
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoby

Just to clarify I got this right I disabled all the xposed modules and uninstalled xposed framework then rebooted and used root toolkit or something along those lines I forget now to flash twrp so now when I go into fastboot then recover I can access twrp. I made a backup of just the stock rooted ROM. Now I'm safe if I soft brick correct? I had serious trouble a year ago figuring this all out with my s3 and soft bricked multiple tines with no recovery but I Dont want to be back in that boat but want to try out some custom roms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Now that you have TWRP installed and have a backup of your stock ROM, you can restore your backup should you soft brick your phone. Your all set to try some custom ROMs if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 05:12 AM |#9  
tsoby's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Nice! Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes