Ask a question

No registration required

Random Reboots and Factory Reset

OP Ars3nal

20th January 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
Okay, So I am running Cyanogenmod on my VS-980 and there are 2 problems that I face but may be universal to all roms:

1. The Random reboots are getting more and more common so now they are up to about 7-10 times a day. Any fix? Or at least workaround?

2. Factory resets and cache clearing take SO long. It is around 10-20 minutes each. I heard it's due to the massive LG rom? Is there a way to make it normal like any other device (few seconds)?

Thanks
21st January 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 385

1,397 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars3nal

Okay, So I am running Cyanogenmod on my VS-980 and there are 2 problems that I face but may be universal to all roms:

1. The Random reboots are getting more and more common so now they are up to about 7-10 times a day. Any fix? Or at least workaround?

2. Factory resets and cache clearing take SO long. It is around 10-20 minutes each. I heard it's due to the massive LG rom? Is there a way to make it normal like any other device (few seconds)?

Thanks

Try flashing cyanfox (CM11 based) and paeks kernel. Been running both for about 2 weeks....no reboots no sods no lockups. Completely stable.

Cyanfox link

http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=vs980/

I'm running the 1/04 build. Haven't tried the newest one yet, but I can say I'm totally happy with cyanfox. Best, stable AOSP ROM I've flashed yet.

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread