Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Random Reboots and Factory Reset

Tip us?

Ars3nal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Random Reboots and Factory Reset

Okay, So I am running Cyanogenmod on my VS-980 and there are 2 problems that I face but may be universal to all roms:

1. The Random reboots are getting more and more common so now they are up to about 7-10 times a day. Any fix? Or at least workaround?

2. Factory resets and cache clearing take SO long. It is around 10-20 minutes each. I heard it's due to the massive LG rom? Is there a way to make it normal like any other device (few seconds)?

Thanks

simon_lefisch
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars3nal View Post
Okay, So I am running Cyanogenmod on my VS-980 and there are 2 problems that I face but may be universal to all roms:

1. The Random reboots are getting more and more common so now they are up to about 7-10 times a day. Any fix? Or at least workaround?

2. Factory resets and cache clearing take SO long. It is around 10-20 minutes each. I heard it's due to the massive LG rom? Is there a way to make it normal like any other device (few seconds)?

Thanks
Try flashing cyanfox (CM11 based) and paeks kernel. Been running both for about 2 weeks....no reboots no sods no lockups. Completely stable.

Cyanfox link

http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=vs980/

I'm running the 1/04 build. Haven't tried the newest one yet, but I can say I'm totally happy with cyanfox. Best, stable AOSP ROM I've flashed yet.

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud