[Q] how to install cwm recovery on i9000

OP Kobro

16th January 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 70

446 posts
More
Help! I can't figure out how to install cwm on my sgs i9000! I have root, and used rom manager to get the proper update.zip, but when I try flashing the zip I get an error message saying that the signature verification failed, or something like that. I read on Google that the problem is that I'm on 3e recovery and that I need to be in 2e, is that accurate, and if so, what do I do about it? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
21st January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 70

446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

Help! I can't figure out how to install cwm on my sgs i9000! I have root, and used rom manager to get the proper update.zip, but when I try flashing the zip I get an error message saying that the signature verification failed, or something like that. I read on Google that the problem is that I'm on 3e recovery and that I need to be in 2e, is that accurate, and if so, what do I do about it? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

weeeell, with over 150 views, one would think someone would know the answer...
anyway, i solved it myself by flashing cf root, which has clockworkmod built in.
21st January 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,234

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

weeeell, with over 150 views, one would think someone would know the answer...
anyway, i solved it myself by flashing cf root, which has clockworkmod built in.

most likely you posted it in the wrong forum, if you had visited the i9000 forum you will find it in sticky threads as well as a simple search would have given you the answer see [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

so use the search for fast answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread