Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to install cwm recovery on i9000

Tip us?

Kobro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default [Q] how to install cwm recovery on i9000

Help! I can't figure out how to install cwm on my sgs i9000! I have root, and used rom manager to get the proper update.zip, but when I try flashing the zip I get an error message saying that the signature verification failed, or something like that. I read on Google that the problem is that I'm on 3e recovery and that I need to be in 2e, is that accurate, and if so, what do I do about it? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

Kobro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
Help! I can't figure out how to install cwm on my sgs i9000! I have root, and used rom manager to get the proper update.zip, but when I try flashing the zip I get an error message saying that the signature verification failed, or something like that. I read on Google that the problem is that I'm on 3e recovery and that I need to be in 2e, is that accurate, and if so, what do I do about it? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
weeeell, with over 150 views, one would think someone would know the answer...
anyway, i solved it myself by flashing cf root, which has clockworkmod built in.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
weeeell, with over 150 views, one would think someone would know the answer...
anyway, i solved it myself by flashing cf root, which has clockworkmod built in.
most likely you posted it in the wrong forum, if you had visited the i9000 forum you will find it in sticky threads as well as a simple search would have given you the answer see [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

so use the search for fast answers.