Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 40,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to backup TA, MAC and IMEI with unlocked BL?

Tip us?

Hani88
Old
(Last edited by Hani88; 17th January 2014 at 11:15 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tutorial [Q] How to backup TA, MAC and IMEI with unlocked BL?

Greetings to everyone
I have already unlocked BL & rooted my 4.3 xperia Z1 with CWM recovery installed... the camera and everything works fine
So, how to backup TA, MAC and IMEI with unlocked BL? I want to avoid any furthur losing possibility of them
Sorry If this a repeated question but I have searched a lot before posting this
thank you

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 613
You can't Backup your TA if you Unlocked your Bootloader. You lost your DRM keys permanently. You will not be able to re-lock you bootloader and you are not covered by your warranty. Sorry but you should read carefully before do anything.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostman2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Yeah, too late, you should have done this before the unlock....
1st Phone - Galaxy Y
2nd Phone - Motorola Quench
3nd Phone - Galaxy S II
4th Phone - Lumia 920
5th Phone - Xperia Z1 (3rd change now without touch issues )
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostman2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hani88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
You can't Backup your TA if you Unlocked your Bootloader. You lost your DRM keys permanently. You will not be able to re-lock you bootloader and you are not covered by your warranty. Sorry but you should read carefully before do anything.
oh.. I hope everything will still fine .. but I saw option in flashtool to relock BL.. it won't relock my phone ?? ... and what is the safe way to update my device firmware when 4.4 kitkat arrives to xperia z1 ??? and what are the risks now ?? what I must avoid and never do ?? any advices for me ???... sure it's better to stay one 4.3 without root rather than breaking my phone
thank you

Hani88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostman2 View Post
Yeah, too late, you should have done this before the unlock....
yeah I realize that .. I was on HTC before and I didn't know that the unlock BL is like that in SONY .. it's all my fault

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hani88 View Post
oh.. I hope everything will still fine
Should be all fine but the safest way was backup TA first because if one day happen something on your phone you can't go via warranty.

Quote:
.. but I saw option in flashtool to relock BL.. it won't relock my phone ??
You still losing your DRM keys so even if he does it's compromise, no x-reality, bionz engine and bravia.

Quote:
... and what is the safe way to update my device firmware when 4.4 kitkat arrives to xperia z1 ???
This is not a problem, the FTFs will be upload here on XDA like for .290 and Custom Roms as well.

Quote:
and what are the risks now ??
This is what we said already, the risk is if you brick the phone and the warranty will not cover that.

Quote:
what I must avoid and never do ?? any advices for me ???... sure it's better to stay one 4.3 without root rather than breaking my phone
You don't have to avoid anything just read carefully everything when you try to do something. My advice is now to wait for the confirmed and safe way to root or update. In your position you already lost the safest way so I will root, update or flash custom roms to enjoy the phone but remember, it's your own risk and responsability.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

milkmanglc
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Ive done the same, came from HTC.....so I will still have all tge features unless I flash say cm11 and try to go back to a Sony based rom?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app