Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 53,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sdcard not mounted - milaq's CM11 - 1/18

Tip us?

ashman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question sdcard not mounted - milaq's CM11 - 1/18

I have been using milaq's cm11 nightlies, after first week of Jan14 my sdcard1 (another partition on TP) stop showing on file explorer.

However, when I installed invisiblek nightlie (ofcos with 3.4 kernel cwm), start showing the sdcard1 partition.

based on my analysis milaq's 'init.tenderloin.rc' file do not have entries to mount the sdcard1.

Appreciate any kind of help.

woodytrain
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmand@rediffmail.com View Post
I have been using milaq's cm11 nightlies, after first week of Jan14 my sdcard1 (another partition on TP) stop showing on file explorer.

However, when I installed invisiblek nightlie (ofcos with 3.4 kernel cwm), start showing the sdcard1 partition.

based on my analysis milaq's 'init.tenderloin.rc' file do not have entries to mount the sdcard1.

Did you post this twice?

Please review the many posts on this topic in Milaq's CM11 thread. This issue has been discussed ad nauseam.

laspero
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

Milaq has removed (deprecated) the use of the external_sd (sdcard1) partition. It was created for the touchpad as a way of sharing a partition with WebOS and it is no longer needed. Use WebOS Tailor to resize your old partition down to a couple of megs and add all that extra space to data. You will never miss having it.

ashman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by laspero View Post
Milaq has removed (deprecated) the use of the external_sd (sdcard1) partition. It was created for the touchpad as a way of sharing a partition with WebOS and it is no longer needed. Use WebOS Tailor to resize your old partition down to a couple of megs and add all that extra space to data. You will never miss having it.
Many thanks to both of you (woodytrain & laspero).

Forget to mention that, I have referred the touchpad in my query.

That's good suggestion! However if I want to have two separate partitions to have well arranged my stuff, would it be possible to get that feature back?

Also, apart from kernel, is there any major difference between milaq & invisiblek rom?

laspero
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Many thanks to both of you (woodytrain & laspero).

Forget to mention that, I have referred the touchpad in my query.

That's good suggestion! However if I want to have two separate partitions to have well arranged my stuff, would it be possible to get that feature back?

Also, apart from kernel, is there any major difference between milaq & invisiblek rom?
go ahead and give invisiblek's rom a try. Before you try to install it make sure you have the correct recovery.
You'll need a recovery that has both /data/media support and selinux support.

ashman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by laspero View Post
go ahead and give invisiblek's rom a try. Before you try to install it make sure you have the correct recovery.
You'll need a recovery that has both /data/media support and selinux support.
I am already on invisiblek's rom, which is working fine since I started the thread.

I have been using Milaq (sir!) rom since 10.2. So was a bit worried going to invisiblek's (with due respect to invisiblek).

I wanted to know the differences between those two roms. I know one is the kernel.

@woodytrain - I posted the question twice, as after the first one, I thought it would be unnoticed over there. So post this one.