[Q] Dead phone

Search This thread

edgaras85

Nov 20, 2013
Hello, i think accidently removed all software from phone. And when i try to turn it on it just stucks on "Sony" logo. It's on while battery drops till 0%. Pc Companion can't detect phone... What to do guys?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Charge your battery close to full, if you do not know if it charged or not leave under charger for all night. Then switch it off, keep push volume down and connect via USB to PC, let me know if the pc will install the drivers and if it will be recognized in flashmode.

edgaras85

Nov 20, 2013
It charges while LED is red, and then it automaticly turns on to Sony logo, and again stuck...

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
It charges while LED is red, and then it automaticly turns on to Sony logo, and again stuck...

Try to boot into flashmode. As long as power is connected, it should be charging in the background. Let it charge for at least a couple hours before trying to flash, or you may kill the battery during the flash and lose it forever.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
Did you even try what I told you? You phone it's ok if he go to Sony Logo and you have to flash a Stock FTF again from Flashmode. If you continue to do it in this way you will kill it.

Yes, he should be able to get into flash mode no problem if he presses the button at the right time. BUT he shouldn't flash right away unless he knows the battery is strong, or he may end up with a dead battery. It sounds like his battery is already low.

If I remember correctly, the phone may automatically reboot from flash mode after 1-2 minutes if no commands are sent. I don't know if this is the same for fastboot mode. Either way, find a way to make sure the battery is good and charged before flashing, or bad things may happen.
@edgaras85, did the phone get warm when it was stopped at the Sony screen? That would be a sure sign you're draining the battery.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
BUT he shouldn't flash right away unless he knows the battery is strong, or he may end up with a dead battery. It sounds like his battery is already low..

After all night under charger how can be low? Here we can't and will not get any sigh of the condition of the battery. After night, next day he should to put it in flashmode and install Stock FTF immediately. For security connect the USB and keep the phone under Magnetic Cable charge or even on Dock.

edgaras85

Nov 20, 2013
Okay so i charged the phone. It's always on on "Sony" logo, but flashmode don't recognise phone, it says put usb cable and press button and I doing exactly, when I try to flash.
P.S. Phone doesn't vibrates or something when turns on. Just orange LED when charging.
P.S. And i can't shut down the phone, it's not reacting to button "Shut down" it's always on.

Last edited:

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
It's always on on "Sony" logo
If you see the Sony logo at least you don't have a bricked phone compared to others

but flashmode don't recognise phone
Check your ADB drivers. Pretty sure if your phone doesn't get recognized.

And i can't shut down the phone, it's not reacting to button "Shut down" it's always on
Please read a little through the forum, it's mentioned like hundred times: Press the VolumeUp and PowerButton for at least 3 sec until the phone vibrates three times

edgaras85

Nov 20, 2013
Check your ADB drivers. Pretty sure if your phone doesn't get recognized.
Installed

Please read a little through the forum, it's mentioned like hundred times: Press the VolumeUp and PowerButton for at least 3 sec until the phone vibrates three times
I tried, no reaction

P.S. I try to install .534 and get to point at image that I uploaded and get stuck... Because phone doesn't react to buttons UP ir Down volume...

Attachments

• Untitleds.jpg
    Untitleds.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

punkt

Jul 2, 2008
install pc companion and sony update service. try if pccompanion recognizes your phone. then start sus tool and try to restore complete phone.

also try presding red shutdown button for 15 sec while connected to charger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay so i charged the phone. It's always on on "Sony" logo, but flashmode don't recognise phone, it says put usb cable and press button and I doing exactly, when I try to flash

It looks like you have not installed drivers - this is common error on Windows 8.1 machines, but it isnt horror like on Xperia T when you must use Win 7 to flash.
    Reinstall drivers with Disable Driver Signature Verification mode