Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to reset custom binary download without tripping the KNOX, on a stock rom 4.3

Tip us?

andrei16ro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Angry [Q] How to reset custom binary download without tripping the KNOX, on a stock rom 4.3

Hi!

I bought a second hand Note 2 that has this configuration in download mode:

Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung official
System Status: Official
KNOX Warranty void: 0

Rom is:
PDA: N7100XXUEMK9
CSC: N7100OROEML1
MODEM: N7100BVUEMK1

I would like to reset the download configuration mode to:

Custom Binary Download: No (0 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung official
System Status: Official
KNOX Warranty void: 0

The idea is that I do not want to trip the KNOW warranty when I root it. If it is root I suppose that I can use Triangle Away app to reset the custom binary download counter and then flash back the official rom.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
Press the THANKS button when I'm being helpfull!

FatPhysicsBoy
Old
(Last edited by FatPhysicsBoy; 15th January 2014 at 02:13 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 3
I would also like to know the same thing, I have searched everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any concrete answers.

I think we can root without tripping KNOX by following this guide:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-galaxy...id-bit-1432252

But then I'm not sure whether Triangle Away will successfully reset the flash counter without tripping KNOX!

Fingers crossed for a solution/method!

UPDATE:

So I just rooted my note ii using the method outlined in the xda thread (which is linked in the link I posted above), and it did not trip the KNOX flag. I then downloaded Triangle Away and granted it root access, it failed to reboot. I am not sure why, it did not work though.

My current status is:

AP: N7100XXUEMK9
CP: N7100XXUEMJ9
CSC: N7100BTUEMK2

Custom Binary Download: Yes (2 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
KNOX Warranty Void: 0
AP SWAEV: A2

Update

Used Triangle Away v3.01, it cleared my Custom Binary Download, but it DID trip the Knox Warranty Void to 1. So to confirm, root = no trip, Triangle Away current version will not reboot, Triangle Away older version = trip KNOX.

andrei16ro
Old
(Last edited by andrei16ro; 16th January 2014 at 06:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
I'm sorry to hear that knox is tripped om your phone. I guess that now there is no way to reset the Knox back to zero.
Does anybody know how to do what I posted in the first post? Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPhysicsBoy View Post
I would also like to know the same thing, I have searched everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any concrete answers.

But then I'm not sure whether Triangle Away will successfully reset the flash counter without tripping KNOX!

UPDATE:

So I just rooted my note ii using the method outlined in the xda thread (which is linked in the link I posted above), and it did not trip the KNOX flag. I then downloaded Triangle Away and granted it root access, it failed to reboot. I am not sure why, it did not work though.

My current status is:

Update

Used Triangle Away v3.01, it cleared my Custom Binary Download, but it DID trip the Knox Warranty Void to 1. So to confirm, root = no trip, Triangle Away current version will not reboot, Triangle Away older version = trip KNOX.

andrei16ro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPhysicsBoy View Post

UPDATE:

My current status is:

Update

Hi FatPhysicsBoy! I read on Dr. Ketan thread that it is posible to remove the KNOX counter and downgrade the bootloader to a one that has no counter: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823

Please can you check if you can do that on your MK9 rom? As you already trip your Knox counter it will not affect you as much. I have not tripped mine yet because I did not flash anything. Can you post an update if it works or not?

Thanks alot in advance!

fundoosite
Old
(Last edited by fundoosite; 21st January 2014 at 11:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Smile You can do it if you are on MJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei16ro View Post
Hi FatPhysicsBoy! I read on Dr. Ketan thread that it is posible to remove the KNOX counter and downgrade the bootloader to a one that has no counter: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823

Please can you check if you can do that on your MK9 rom? As you already trip your Knox counter it will not affect you as much. I have not tripped mine yet because I did not flash anything. Can you post an update if it works or not?

Thanks alot in advance!
and not on the Bootloaders which came after MJ5. This is what my understanding is.

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

andrei16ro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundoosite View Post
and not on the Bootloaders which came after MJ5. This is what my understanding is.

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/
on this forum it says that if you root the phone it will trip the KNOX bit. If you read above FatPhysicsBoy root his phone and didn't trip the KNOX flag. He tripped it when he used the app triangleaway. Maybe there is a way to reset the custom rom counter and not trip the KNOX!
Tags
counts, custom, knox, rom