Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help

Tip us?

goofankle
Old
(Last edited by goofankle; 21st January 2014 at 02:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I need help

I'm somewhat new to this, sorry you might have to spell it out to me like I'm stupid. I installed TWRP in an attempt to flash a rom. I selected "Factory Reset" and proceeded to reboot. Now I'm stuck in Download Mode and have no clue what to do. Also my sd card seemed to not be recognized by TWRP when in the Install menu. I'm using a Verizon GS4, MK2, Android 4.3

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofankle View Post
I'm somewhat new to this, sorry you might have to spell it out to me like I'm stupid. I installed TWRP in an attempt to flash a rom. I selected "Factory Reset" and proceeded to reboot. Now I'm stuck in Download Mode and have no clue what to do. Also my sd card seemed to not be recognized by TWRP when in the Install menu. I'm using a Verizon GS4, MK2, Android 4.3
OK...lookup Odin...you should be able to find multiple threads on here with the download as well as detailed instructions on how to use it...you will also need to download a file which should also be readily available in 1 or more threads on here which is the Odin file for mk2 full wipe emergency .tar file...I could easily link you to all these files but if you had done your research before trying to install twrp you would know that you can't flash any recovery besides safestrap on mk2,mj7,mI1 or me7...learning to search the threads to fix your s4 will make you a more knowledgeable modder...after you fix your s4...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF TECHNOLOGY READ UP...Learn up on safe strap before using it as well because it can be kinda sketchy for inexperienced users...good luck!

goofankle
Old
(Last edited by goofankle; 21st January 2014 at 05:36 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I get a "fail" over and over again with Odin.

After the first fail the screen has changed to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

What am I doing wrong?

edit:

I had to use kies to go back to a working phone

riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 21st January 2014 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
I get a "fail" over and over again with Odin.

After the first fail the screen has changed to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

What am I doing wrong?

edit:

I had to use kies to go back to a working phone
Glad you got it figured out. Like jamesd said, do a lot of research before you try anything else with your phone. Those of us on MK2 are extremely limited as to what we can do.

Sent from my NCC 1701 using Tapatalk 4
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
first of all you can't install a recovery like twrp or CWM nor can you flash any ROMS using those recoveries. Its been made clear countless times with countless threads that any S4 since MDK build can not have a recovery as their bootloaders are locked. The ONLY avenue is safestrap and the handful of safestrap compatible ROMS.

A bricked phone is the end result.
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat