Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can you restore a custom ROM backup to the stock ROM slot in Safestrap?

OP gPhunk

21st January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag St. Augustine
Thanks Meter: 1

99 posts
More
...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?
21st January 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,165

1,250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gPhunk

...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?

Yes, check out az-bikers thread at the bottom of the first post. Lots of good stuff there. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag St. Augustine
Thanks Meter: 1

99 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Yes, check out az-bikers thread at the bottom of the first post. Lots of good stuff there. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386

Awesome!! Thanks man!
21st January 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 9

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gPhunk

Awesome!! Thanks man!

That's the way I have my Note 3 since day 1, everything on stock slot.
21st January 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag bangor pa
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
With my droid razr I test drove a bunch of different roms on the other safestrap slots and when I found one that was stable and I really liked, I nuked and repaved everything on the stock slot with a backup file and it worked like a charm. I plan on doing the same thing to my note when cm11 is available and stable.
21st January 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 43

189 posts
More
You most definitely can, I have done this countless times. You can also just flash directly to the stock slot as well and restore apps through TiBu, just another way to do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread