5,597,198 Members 43,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can you restore a custom ROM backup to the stock ROM slot in Safestrap?

Tip us?

gPhunk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can you restore a custom ROM backup to the stock ROM slot in Safestrap?

...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gPhunk View Post
...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?
Yes, check out az-bikers thread at the bottom of the first post. Lots of good stuff there. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gPhunk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
Yes, check out az-bikers thread at the bottom of the first post. Lots of good stuff there. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386
Awesome!! Thanks man!

XanoZuke
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gPhunk View Post
Awesome!! Thanks man!
That's the way I have my Note 3 since day 1, everything on stock slot.

jjewell
Old
Thanks Meter 8
With my droid razr I test drove a bunch of different roms on the other safestrap slots and when I found one that was stable and I really liked, I nuked and repaved everything on the stock slot with a backup file and it worked like a charm. I plan on doing the same thing to my note when cm11 is available and stable.

Xanza89
Old
Thanks Meter 42
You most definitely can, I have done this countless times. You can also just flash directly to the stock slot as well and restore apps through TiBu, just another way to do it.