[Q] S4 active with Galaxy Gear smartwatch

Tip us?

phirephoto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 active with Galaxy Gear smartwatch

Hi All,

Any tips / tricks to get the Galaxy Gear watch to work with the S4 Active on 4.2.2? As soon as I open Gear Manager, it says it cannot work with this phone.

I tried a bluetooth connect, and it connects but then disconnects right away

Thanks.

fabbiotto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phirephoto View Post
Hi All,

Any tips / tricks to get the Galaxy Gear watch to work with the S4 Active on 4.2.2? As soon as I open Gear Manager, it says it cannot work with this phone.

Thanks.
unfortunately this is the crap that samsung has literally dropped our phone.
Note 3
ROM Stock

thencamedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks.
Unfortunately the only way I found was to upgrade to leaked 4.3 version, I used the below oneclick method and gear functions worked fine:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2456093

Activeroot (Lambda) method did not work for me, so used this chinese method to root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576460

hope this helps.

phirephoto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thencamedroid View Post
Unfortunately the only way I found was to upgrade to leaked 4.3 version, I used the below oneclick method and gear functions worked fine:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2456093

Activeroot (Lambda) method did not work for me, so used this chinese method to root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576460

hope this helps.
I found the root and 4.3 yesterday, and it's working, except for S-Voice. It says S-voice is not installed on my phone - but it is, and it works on my phone

thencamedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I found the root and 4.3 yesterday, and it's working, except for S-Voice. It says S-voice is not installed on my phone - but it is, and it works on my phone
Oh don't know why. I did the 4.3 upgrade, set up the gear apps etc and only then rooted the phone. Maybe try this sequence.
Although, had to reinstall samsung apps to fix few things but everything else worked fine. Will ask friend about S voice again and report back.

phirephoto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thencamedroid View Post
Oh don't know why. I did the 4.3 upgrade, set up the gear apps etc and only then rooted the phone. Maybe try this sequence.
Although, had to reinstall samsung apps to fix few things but everything else worked fine. Will ask friend about S voice again and report back.
So - since installing the 4.3, my phone randomly 'forgets' my Google accounts. They are GONE.

I returned the galaxy gear, so 4.3 is no longer 'needed'. Is it possible to go back to 4.2? That may be the cause of the google accounts frequently vanishing.

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
So - since installing the 4.3, my phone randomly 'forgets' my Google accounts. They are GONE.

I returned the galaxy gear, so 4.3 is no longer 'needed'. Is it possible to go back to 4.2? That may be the cause of the google accounts frequently vanishing.
As of now there is no way to downgrade because of a locked bootloader. You're sick with what you've got. You can try going to the Samsung Store at Best Buy and see what they can do, but I don't think it'll work since you've already upgraded.

Globel
Old
(Last edited by Globel; 19th January 2014 at 11:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
so the OTA also has an issue with losing the google account? I thought this was only an issue for the Leak. By the way the odin 1 click restore can take you back to 4.2.2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_G...it?usp=sharing

Enigmaticca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Galaxy Gear working almost perfectly with my 4.2.2 S4 Active. Only S-Voice and weather do not work. Notifications are all there, hands free works, apps work.

All you need is to install the gearmanagerstub.apk and gearmanager.apk to get you started. Head to the XDA Galaxy Gear forum for the how to

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk