1. Go to bootloader (holding power button and volume down button)
2. Find out if it's locked or not.
3. Find out if your phone is S4 version (VLE PVT SHIP) or S3 version (VILLEC2)
4. Relock bootloader if unlocked:
1) Connect your phone to your PC
2) Make sure you have installed HTC Sync (drivers)
3) In bootloader with volume up/down button select "fastboot" then click the power button
4) Make sure it says "fastboot USB"
5) Download the file from the attachment (fastboot.rar)
6) Make a new folder on your C drive called fastboot
7) Extract the contents of fastboot.rar to your fastboot folder (the 4 files from fastboot folder)
8) Make sure your phone is connected to your PC, and you are in fastboot mode
9) open cmd and write:
10) Your phone is now Relocked!
5. If your phone is VLE PVT SHIP (S4) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe
I recommend you this one but you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=Ville
If your phone is VILLEC2 (S3) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=VilleC2/RUU_VILLEC2_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.11.401.110_Radio _16.12.20.02U_16.05.20.16_M2_release_263510_signed .exe
I recommend you this but again you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=VilleC2
(remove the spaces from the links!)
6. Run the RUU
7. It will automatically detect your phone (if in Fastboot USB mode)
8. It will reinstall the stock ROM to your HTC One S, while it will be installing do not touch your phone, and don't even try to disconnect it! You could hardbrick it! You have been warned