Ask a question

No registration required

**URGENT** Semi-Bricked HTC One S

OP joshuapersonti1

11th January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA, this is my first post so please bare with me.

I own an HTC One S and I've had it for about a year now. I recently rooted it about 3 or 4 days ago and everything was going smoothly, I pushed Superuser.zip onto the SD card and it worked fine, then I figured I might as well install a ROM manager so I got one off the Play Store, then I downloaded Clockworkmod Recovery and when I booted into recovery to flash it, the phone screen went dark, and wouldn't turn on. When I plugged the phone into the charger, the LED came on and stayed on even if I disconnected the phone. If I hold the power button, the screen flashes very quickly, the LED goes off and about 10 seconds later, the LED comes back on and it's back to the black screen. I had the same problem earlier but I pressed a combination of buttons (I don't remember which ones) and the screen came on so it's not bricked badly, I need help urgently.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by joshuapersonti1; 11th January 2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: misspelling
12th January 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
bump
15th January 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

7 posts
1. Go to bootloader (holding power button and volume down button)
2. Find out if it's locked or not.
3. Find out if your phone is S4 version (VLE PVT SHIP) or S3 version (VILLEC2)
4. Relock bootloader if unlocked:
1) Connect your phone to your PC
2) Make sure you have installed HTC Sync (drivers)
3) In bootloader with volume up/down button select "fastboot" then click the power button
4) Make sure it says "fastboot USB"
5) Download the file from the attachment (fastboot.rar)
6) Make a new folder on your C drive called fastboot
7) Extract the contents of fastboot.rar to your fastboot folder (the 4 files from fastboot folder)
8) Make sure your phone is connected to your PC, and you are in fastboot mode
9) open cmd and write:
Code:
cd/
cd fastboot
fastboot oem lock
10) Your phone is now Relocked!
5. If your phone is VLE PVT SHIP (S4) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe
I recommend you this one but you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=Ville
OR
If your phone is VILLEC2 (S3) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=VilleC2/RUU_VILLEC2_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.11.401.110_Radio _16.12.20.02U_16.05.20.16_M2_release_263510_signed .exe
I recommend you this but again you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=VilleC2
(remove the spaces from the links!)
6. Run the RUU
7. It will automatically detect your phone (if in Fastboot USB mode)
8. It will reinstall the stock ROM to your HTC One S, while it will be installing do not touch your phone, and don't even try to disconnect it! You could hardbrick it! You have been warned
Attached Files
File Type: rar fastboot.rar - [Click for QR Code] (211.9 KB, 17 views)
21st January 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 250

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadee13

1. Go to bootloader (holding power button and volume down button)
2. Find out if it's locked or not.
3. Find out if your phone is S4 version (VLE PVT SHIP) or S3 version (VILLEC2)
4. Relock bootloader if unlocked:
1) Connect your phone to your PC
2) Make sure you have installed HTC Sync (drivers)
3) In bootloader with volume up/down button select "fastboot" then click the power button
4) Make sure it says "fastboot USB"
5) Download the file from the attachment (fastboot.rar)
6) Make a new folder on your C drive called fastboot
7) Extract the contents of fastboot.rar to your fastboot folder (the 4 files from fastboot folder)
8) Make sure your phone is connected to your PC, and you are in fastboot mode
9) open cmd and write:

Code:
cd/
cd fastboot
fastboot oem lock
10) Your phone is now Relocked!
5. If your phone is VLE PVT SHIP (S4) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe
I recommend you this one but you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=Ville
OR
If your phone is VILLEC2 (S3) download this RUU ww w.androidruu. com/getdownload.php?file=VilleC2/RUU_VILLEC2_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.11.401.110_Radio _16.12.20.02U_16.05.20.16_M2_release_263510_signed .exe
I recommend you this but again you can choose any other from ww w.androidruu. com/?developer=VilleC2
(remove the spaces from the links!)
6. Run the RUU
7. It will automatically detect your phone (if in Fastboot USB mode)
8. It will reinstall the stock ROM to your HTC One S, while it will be installing do not touch your phone, and don't even try to disconnect it! You could hardbrick it! You have been warned

Hi, i have the same exact problem. The phone like what OP mentioned, can't be turn on, just a quick flash of white light and nth. Power Button + Vol Down doesn't help either. I'm guessing my phone has the Hard Brick thing. So far, Riff Box JTAG is the ONLY way for this. Hope my country has one and KNOW of one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread