Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Quick firmware question

Tip us?

aadrcw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Quick firmware question

I just have a quick question about the firmware on my SP (C5302, Bought through Cincinnati Bell and it is carrier locked). I keep seeing things on here about the latest firmware for root and roms etc, so I check mine and its still on 12.0.A.1.257. I have checked via ota and pc companion and it says I am up to date. I have heard the later firmware fixed the weak wifi signal and a few other things. Am I able to use the new firmware or am I stuck on the older one?

If i am able to use the latest firmware what would be the best way to switch to it?.

Thanks in advance

dipesh1502
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3,653

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadrcw View Post
I just have a quick question about the firmware on my SP (C5302, Bought through Cincinnati Bell and it is carrier locked). I keep seeing things on here about the latest firmware for root and roms etc, so I check mine and its still on 12.0.A.1.257. I have checked via ota and pc companion and it says I am up to date. I have heard the later firmware fixed the weak wifi signal and a few other things. Am I able to use the new firmware or am I stuck on the older one?

If i am able to use the latest firmware what would be the best way to switch to it?.

Thanks in advance
Download the latest .ftf i.e. 2.254 firmware and flash it via flashtool

If You Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation

For Donating Click Here

please do the following:
Sign in to your PayPal account page
Go to 'Send Payment'
Enter my email id "dipesh.febrius@gmail.com"
option "Personal payment" doesn't work for India, please set "Online purchases". and check Goods or Service (preferably service)
Make the payment of the desired amount of donation you want to send.
Thank you for your kind donations!
The Following User Says Thank You to dipesh1502 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madhukarmohan
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadrcw View Post

Thanks in advance
You will find recent firmware(12.0.A.2.254) here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311964
But, this build also have same Wifi problem and bugs. Wait few days, as 4.3update will be available soon according to SONY.

The Following User Says Thank You to madhukarmohan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]