[Q] Quick firmware question

OP aadrcw

21st January 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I just have a quick question about the firmware on my SP (C5302, Bought through Cincinnati Bell and it is carrier locked). I keep seeing things on here about the latest firmware for root and roms etc, so I check mine and its still on 12.0.A.1.257. I have checked via ota and pc companion and it says I am up to date. I have heard the later firmware fixed the weak wifi signal and a few other things. Am I able to use the new firmware or am I stuck on the older one?

If i am able to use the latest firmware what would be the best way to switch to it?.

Thanks in advance
21st January 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,714

2,365 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadrcw

I just have a quick question about the firmware on my SP (C5302, Bought through Cincinnati Bell and it is carrier locked). I keep seeing things on here about the latest firmware for root and roms etc, so I check mine and its still on 12.0.A.1.257. I have checked via ota and pc companion and it says I am up to date. I have heard the later firmware fixed the weak wifi signal and a few other things. Am I able to use the new firmware or am I stuck on the older one?

If i am able to use the latest firmware what would be the best way to switch to it?.

Thanks in advance

Download the latest .ftf i.e. 2.254 firmware and flash it via flashtool
The Following User Says Thank You to dipesh1502 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 32

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadrcw

Thanks in advance

You will find recent firmware(12.0.A.2.254) here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311964
But, this build also have same Wifi problem and bugs. Wait few days, as 4.3update will be available soon according to SONY.

The Following User Says Thank You to madhukarmohan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread