Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Formatted internal sd-card. Fix possible?

Tip us?

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-diabo View Post
From what I've read. That means the battery is completely dead.
I believe you need to leave your phone charging for a few hours/overnight and sometimes it will get recognised by flashtool
This is a good point, I didn't consider a dead battery scenario (though it makes a lot of sense versus the phone just doing nothing). I haven't actually read about cases where USB charging will bring back a super dead phone, but it's theoretically possible if the battery were removed and charged manually. That process, however, is definitely only for people who know what they're doing with potentially explosive battery chemistry. If nothing else, leave it plugged in for a while and see what happens.

I remember posting in another thread where someone killed their battery. The best preventative measure is to make sure you never get below 10% or so. The generally dispersed "knowledge" that taking the battery to 0% is good for calibration is NOT TRUE. These are Li-ion batteries, and deep discharges permanently reduce the battery capacity.
The Following User Says Thank You to xasbo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sari95
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
From what I've read. That means the battery is completely dead.
I believe you need to leave your phone charging for a few hours/overnight and sometimes it will get recognised by flashtool
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
This is a good point, I didn't consider a dead battery scenario (though it makes a lot of sense versus the phone just doing nothing). I haven't actually read about cases where USB charging will bring back a super dead phone, but it's theoretically possible if the battery were removed and charged manually. That process, however, is definitely only for people who know what they're doing with potentially explosive battery chemistry. If nothing else, leave it plugged in for a while and see what happens.

I remember posting in another thread where someone killed their battery. The best preventative measure is to make sure you never get below 10% or so. The generally dispersed "knowledge" that taking the battery to 0% is good for calibration is NOT TRUE. These are Li-ion batteries, and deep discharges permanently reduce the battery capacity.
Great point, you two.. This reason seems quite probable too. However at the same time, it is WEIRD if the battery suddenly dies as a result of formatting the internal SDcard :l

Maaan, I had a slight hope, but I'll try charging it overnight.

Worst case scenario, the service center finds out I had rooted it and I have to pay for the service....

lil-diabo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sari95 View Post
Great point, you two.. This reason seems quite probable too. However at the same time, it is WEIRD if the battery suddenly dies as a result of formatting the internal SDcard :l

Maaan, I had a slight hope, but I'll try charging it overnight.

Worst case scenario, the service center finds out I had rooted it and I have to pay for the service....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764
There's an entire thread dedicated to how people bricked their phones. Have a look there for some info
It all relates to flashing phones, but maybe what you done had some kinda of a similar effect

Do you remember how much charge you had left?
Supposedly the system loses calibration with the battery and and and and (Most of this relates to flashing though, so hopefully you just have a completely dead battery and an overnight charge will fix it back up.

I also don't think you lose warranty from having your phone rooted?
Think voiding warranty only applies if you unlocked your boot loader... - I could be wrong though.
Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to lil-diabo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
WOOOPPP! I have some kind of development actually. Now, when I plug the device to the wall or computer, a red
LED lights up for about 3 seconds before disappearing. However, from here nothing happens and it is dead as usual.

Any idea how to go further from here o.O?
Actually I saw this behavior on deads Z1 thread, sorry to say, this actually is not a good sign.

Quote:
Yes, I will suggest this too and when your phone apparently will be charged try just to push volume down and connect via usb to pc and see if it will be recognized. If he dose flash a stock FTF immediately.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sari95
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764
There's an entire thread dedicated to how people bricked their phones. Have a look there for some info
It all relates to flashing phones, but maybe what you done had some kinda of a similar effect

Do you remember how much charge you had left?
Supposedly the system loses calibration with the battery and and and and (Most of this relates to flashing though, so hopefully you just have a completely dead battery and an overnight charge will fix it back up.

I also don't think you lose warranty from having your phone rooted?
Think voiding warranty only applies if you unlocked your boot loader... - I could be wrong though.
Good Luck!
Yea, I read through a few pages of that thread, but didn't feel it covered my case. I had a minimum of 89% of battery and it was charging. Hmm.. about the battery calibration, the day before this happened, I charged my phone to 100% and used Battery calibrator, which is an app in Play Store to calibrate it, so this shouldn't be a problem.. However, I suppose something has happened during the formatting.

I am quite certain one loses warranty when rooted or has unlocked BL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Actually I saw this behavior on deads Z1 thread, sorry to say, this actually is not a good sign.

Yes, I will suggest this too and when your phone apparently will be charged try just to push volume down and connect via usb to pc and see if it will be recognized. If he dose flash a stock FTF immediately.
Indeed, this seems to be my last way out of this. Either it comes back to life in the morning, or I am doomed! haha :P I have even prepared FLASHTOOL and the firmware, if the phone actually comes back to life and is recognized by the computer.

I will update you on this! You are a very helpful group of people. I am grateful for your help so far

Sari95
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Yea, I read through a few pages of that thread, but didn't feel it covered my case. I had a minimum of 89% of battery and it was charging. Hmm.. about the battery calibration, the day before this happened, I charged my phone to 100% and used Battery calibrator, which is an app in Play Store to calibrate it, so this shouldn't be a problem.. However, I suppose something has happened during the formatting.

I am quite certain one loses warranty when rooted or has unlocked BL.

Indeed, this seems to be my last way out of this. Either it comes back to life in the morning, or I am doomed! haha :P I have even prepared FLASHTOOL and the firmware, if the phone actually comes back to life and is recognized by the computer.

I will update you on this! You are a very helpful group of people. I am grateful for your help so far
Woke up today and tested it. No sign of life at all so it is now sent to the service center..

Thank you for your help! You have helped me a lot