Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Surface RT + Touch cover 2

Tip us?

2new
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Location Surface RT + Touch cover 2

Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?
--
2new

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Just return it.

Sent from my Optimus G
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

icstm
Old
Thanks Meter 9
same config, but no problems here
Phone: Xperia T (LT30p) rooted with stock JB 4.3 ROM 295 from xda
Tablet: MS Surface RT 32Gb with Type Cover 2

cx1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2new View Post
Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?
I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.
Giant signatures are annoying.

jimmielin
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1 View Post
I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.
It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.

cx1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmielin View Post
It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.
I paid for the extra year of warranty so it may happen at some point. The MS rep I got it from even stated the unit would be replaced by whatever the current model was. I think if the RT wasn't such a flop that would be the case.
Giant signatures are annoying.