Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Surface RT + Touch cover 2

OP 2new

12th January 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Vestby
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?
12th January 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,195

9,313 posts
More
Just return it.

Sent from my Optimus G
16th January 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
same config, but no problems here
20th January 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 45

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2new

Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?

I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.
21st January 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #5  
Beijing, China
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1

I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.

It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.
21st January 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 45

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmielin

It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.

I paid for the extra year of warranty so it may happen at some point. The MS rep I got it from even stated the unit would be replaced by whatever the current model was. I think if the RT wasn't such a flop that would be the case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread