Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Official Kitkat Update from LG

Tip us?

cjogloc123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs down No Official Kitkat Update from LG

Korean OEM's work on updating its lineup to Android 4.4. According to our tipster, many of LG's devices will be going straight to Android 4.4, skipping right over Android 4.2 and Android 4.3 in most cases. Among the models cited by our source are the LG Optimus F3, LG Optimus F6, LG G Pad 8.3 (including Verizon model), LG G Pro Lite, LG Optimus F7, LG-D315 (unannounced), LG LS740 (rumored to be the successor to the LG Optimus F3), LG Optimus L9 II, LG Optimus Vu II, LG Vu III, and the curvy LG G Flex.

If this information pans out, LG has really been working hard, bringing all of these models to Android 4.4. Our tipster made it clear that LG is not bothering with Android 4.3 for any of its devices. He also wanted to point out that the LG Optimus 4X HD will be sticking at Android 4.1.2. That is a model that is powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor.

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1552
You couldn't use any of the existing threads for this?
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

cjogloc123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
You couldn't use any of the existing threads for this?
I created a new thread so that every 1 can read it. Commenting means lack of visibility.

ex0rt
Old
Thanks Meter 37
We don't need official ROMs
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the forums
Vendors leave them kids alone
Hey vendors leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ex0rt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogloc123 View Post
I created a new thread so that every 1 can read it. Commenting means lack of visibility.
Commenting brings the existing thread back up to the top and anyone who cares can then read your wonderfully incisive post. Those of us who don't want to read any more about Give us 4.4 NOW" don't get notified of a new thread and don't end up wasting our time opening it.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4871

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex0rt View Post
We don't need official ROMs
[..]
Actually, we kinda do
Well, not the ROM/system itself, but its blobs
The older blobs get, the harder it is to get newer Android versions working, as the old blobs lack some functions or are having some other integration problems.

We already are lucky having 4.4 running on our device, but I can, and will, not guarantee that we will be able to have Android 5 running as a daily driver. However, we are very lucky that grouper and the x3 are that similar, so we can use grouper blobs. So all we can do is to hope for grouper to be officially supported as long as possible
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]