Galaxy S3 (Telus - Canada) Charging Problems
I am hoping you can help. I am having a problem with my Galaxy S3 and I am trying to figure out what the problem is and how to solve it. Around the time of the 4.3 update I started noticing that my battery started to drain very quickly. Initially I just assumed that there was an issue with one of the apps or something in the 4.3 update causing the problem. I then started to notice that my battery would not charge past 51%. Here is the list of things I have tried to fix the issue:
- Different chargers and USB cables. I have tried charging from different power sources in my house and at work, also using my car charger and other peoples chargers that have a S3 that have had no issues.
- I have tried 2 other batteries which I purchased new, one official Samsung Battery and a 3rd party long life battery
- I have done a factory restore multiple times on the phone and also tried rooting and installing a custom ROM to eliminate software.
- I have checked the micro USB port for dust or lint and tried my best to clean out the connection. I haven't been to rough with it because I am worried about breaking the connection.
- I have tried charging the phone without the otter box on and I was worried that might be causing the charger not to go in completely and give a bad connection.
I have GSam installed and when the phone reaches 51% and you look to see the time till charge it always says - Calculating please come back later.
At no point when I have the usb cable in for charging does the charging light go off. Even after the battery hits 51% the charging light stays on but does not charge past that point.
If I leave the phone charging overnight I wake up in the morning and it says 100%, but as soon as I remove the charger it immediately drops back down to 51%. The outcome is the same with all the batteries I have, the only difference is the amount it charges up to. It seems to range from 48% to 51%. I have also tried charging with the unit off and on and can not get it past 51% on any of the batteries.
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!